Any crazy mods with their DS-1's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any crazy mods with their DS-1's?

Hello there, been a while since I've been here or messing with guitars in general (been concentrating on the drums for a bit), but I got a job at a big chain evil guitar store and picked up a new DS-1 ST for a steal. Anyway, I like the SD Blackout pickups, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to want something different after a while. Maybe something like a hot 1980's pickup or maybe a 59. I don't know. Anyone have opinions about passive pickups in the DS-1? Maybe some onboard electronics to take the place of the battery.

Anyone do any crazy mods with their DS-1? Thanks

I guess not. Anyway, I've decided to buy or make a pickup winding device and make my own pickups. Maybe for my old CX291. I have an EMG 81 in there now, and it sounds cool, but a little flat. Yup.
    Last edited by arc; 04-03-2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Mod away and have fun.
      You may find a killer combination of pick ups that really work in that guitar.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

A '59 is a nice PAF-type pickup, not that hot, but sounds great.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought about something like a 59. Thinking about adding an onboard compressor. Guy at work told me about a company that makes them, but I forgot the name. Brought it home today. Plays great! The sound isn't bad, but can't wait to get started making it better.

Comment

Working...
          X