Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Charvel Promod MIJ in Snow White - with mods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Charvel Promod MIJ in Snow White - with mods!

Got this awesome Charvel last week (thanks Nick). I added a zebra/reverse zebra Duncan Custom and Jazz, and also installed my 80's Floyd to replace the Korean version.

The guitar plays better than any USA ProMod I've had, the fretwork is better, and the rolled edges of the board make the neck feel like an old friend. It's just an awesome sounding and playing guitar! I even got used to the direct mount pickups.

The neck also has some serious figuring - a keeper for sure!

'09 Charvel San Dimas USA
    '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
    '98 PRS Custom 22
    '10 Les Paul Traditional

Congrats! That's a nice one you've got there.

I like your choice of a Custom & Jazz. Had that same configuration in my ESP. Splendid pickups!

Comment

very nice indeed! I love the MIJ top mount Floyd these are awesome guitars and yours in snow white with those zebra pickups looks awesome.

Let me ask you a question. I was going to replace my neck pickup in mine will any neck pickup mount in these in the neck position? I had a pickup I and was going to put in it at one time but it was too tall. :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by Nuithari View Post
        Congrats! That's a nice one you've got there.

I like your choice of a Custom & Jazz. Had that same configuration in my ESP. Splendid pickups!
        Thanks! Love the Custom and Jazz, although with the direct mount, the neck pickup is a little too high, causing it to be louder than the bridge.
        '98 PRS Custom 22
        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
          very nice indeed! I love the MIJ top mount Floyd these are awesome guitars and yours in snow white with those zebra pickups looks awesome.

Let me ask you a question. I was going to replace my neck pickup in mine will any neck pickup mount in these in the neck position? I had a pickup I and was going to put in it at one time but it was too tall. :dunno:
          I think neck pickups like the '59, Jazz, or any lower output (less tall) should fit fine.
          '98 PRS Custom 22
          '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

that is very nice

Comment

Beautiful guitar, man. Serious neck on that bad boy!

Comment

Yeah that's a nice looker! Love the flame on the neck!
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised when I got the guitar and saw the flames in the neck! The seller's photos didn't really do it justice!
                  '98 PRS Custom 22
                  '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Ya I don't have a great camera (my outdoor pics are always much better but since we're snowed in I couldn't take them outside)
                    glad you're enjoying her she was a victim of just have too many guitars.
                    I was really torn on that one , it plays really really well, I talked myself out of selling her several times, but in the end it plays almost exactly like my black one and
                    right now I need a H/S/S more than another 2 Hum.
                    Glad you're enjoying it, it's definitely a very nice guitar and I love the look of the Zebras in there (I should've done that while I had it) LOL!
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Nice. I didn't see this when originally posted. I'm using the 59/custom hybrid in the bridge of my pro-mod with the stock 59 in the neck. I think I would have been happier with the straight custom than the hybrid though. I love a nice white guitar. Snow white, pearl, whatever, they all look good!
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        Nice. I didn't see this when originally posted. I'm using the 59/custom hybrid in the bridge of my pro-mod with the stock 59 in the neck. I think I would have been happier with the straight custom than the hybrid though. I love a nice white guitar. Snow white, pearl, whatever, they all look good!
                        Interesting, I was going to get a 59/Custom but had the zebra custom in the drawer! What don't you like about the Hybrid pickup?
                        '98 PRS Custom 22
                        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Working...
                        X