Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own a 2013 San Dimas HS HT thinking of another one 2015 model

Whats up everyone,
    I was thinking about getting another HS HT San dimas as I love this guitar to death. I changed the neck position pickup from a Classic stack which I hate to a Lil59 which I love. It's warm punchy clear and really blends perfectly with the JB in the Bridge position.
    If I get another one , I'm gonna replace the neck position pickup but I'd like something a little different so I don't just have 2 of the same exact sounding guitars.
    I'm considering a George Lych Screaming Demon not the Semour Duncan model but getting his new one as I heard it go and it's pretty awesome sounding especially for what I play.
    Now with that being said , it still sounds a lot like the Semour Duncan version but better in a few ways. I have one in my ESP and it's great. So now the question is what single coil size pickup do you think would be a nice match for some awesome cleans , gritty rhythms like classic rock to slightly gritty clean stuff? One thing about me is I love nothing more then the sound of a Fender Twin Reverb clean and always want the ability to play perfectly clean clear warm punchy dynamic but sometimes ad a OD pedal in front of the clean channel to get some light break up. This is how I use the neck position pickup. Other then that I'm Thrashing on the bridge pickup with some killer gain Heavy metal thunder and growl. I have basically a Shadows Fall meets George Lynch meets Metallica type style. It's what I do.

So what do you guys thing I should check out? Being up front I'm NOT a Dimarizo guy at all nor EMG active or such. I'm basically a Semour Duncan guy as I feel their pickups always do exactly what I'm trying to do and help my tone instead of getting in the way. So now I'm considering something like the Lil59 but with a different flavor , get what I mean? O I also already have a few hot rails which are killer in many ways so I'm strongly considering getting another on of them but really want to try something different. I have a Jackson SL3 loaded with them in the neck and Middle position and they are amazing.

I put a SD Distortion in the bridge and a Hot Rails in the neck on mine and love it.
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Hard for us to tell you what sounds good to you.
      That choice is up to you.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Hard for us to tell you what sounds good to you.
        That choice is up to you.
        Fully understood I was just looking for suggestions in a single coil size pickup hum bucker that fits my description. The Hot rail is very nice as well as the Lil59 , that should tell you something about what I like right?
        Anyway I'm looking for a pickup to replace the crappy Classic stack that I hate. I wish you could try out pickups like pedals a plug and play kinda thing. Quick connects and such. That would be a fine way to start building guitars instead of soldering.

Comment

Alt 8 in the bridge and a cool rails or 1/4 pounder in the neck. The alt 8 man.......
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Thanks man gonna check them out

Comment

Working...
            X