X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap customization...

So I bought this:
    2015-01-08 19.40.21 2.jpg

cuz it was a blowout deal, and I've always wanted a star. Wasn't expecting much due to the 'cheap' , but I was pleasantly surprised. Feels really nice. A little disappointment with the sound, no real low end growl that I require... but I like it.

I came across a pic of a black star with white binding... Had an idea... pinstripe?
    2015-01-14 06.17.59 2.jpg
    Looks cool, not perfect, but cool.
    Darkened fretboard:
    2015-01-16 21.42.36 2.jpg
    The stain got 'into' the inlays, (or behind...?) any way, hard to see,... so I found the inlay stickers on ebay. ( don't know everyone's opinions on these, don't really care...) Again, cheap. Anyway, Looks way cool. Up close you can see (my) flaws in application, but still I like it. Looks way sharper. Huge improvement looks-wise... (IMO)
    2015-01-27 21.09.35 2.jpg
    Pinstriped around the neck too, 'pretend binding'...
    2015-01-27 21.11.25 2.jpg2015-01-27 21.11.46 2.jpg

As I said, I like it. I think it looks cool. Cheap mod for a cheap guitar.

Opinions welcome.
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

I had a Gibson Explorer that I striped with electrical tape to look like the one from the Scorpion's Rock You Like a Hurricane video.

I think yours looks like:
    1. it was a little bit harder to do than mine
    2. you did a better job than i did

Comment

I think you did a great job....looks awesome

Comment

Looks good to me, enjoy that Bitch!!

Comment

Looks good great job.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I agree it looks cool. since these were released I haven't really liked the pyramid inlays, so the rectangle is a nice switch.

If you want a heavier sound out of the bridge pickup, put the 85 in the bridge. That should help compared to the 81.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Ya, I never cared for the pyramids either, so it didn't bother me a bit to cover them up.
              I always thought the 81 was THE bridge pickup...(?) interesting...
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Technically it is, but I found it too bright in the bridge. Someone, I forget who, advised me to switch them around. it added a little meat to the bridge position tone. The 81 in the neck kind of mellows it out some.
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                X