Model 1A Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 1A Opinions?

I need a strat (3 single coil) guitar for a roadhouse blues project I'm joining and I hate fender strats.
    I'd love a jackson tite if I could find one but the 1A's seem to be easier to find and a jackson tite will probably cost me an arm and a leg
    so.....................who's got one? are they strat killers?
    are the necks the typical "model" necks that I love?
    stock pups any good? what's a good price for one?
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Watch this review by scott grove. They are great guitars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oURE1vvw6xM
    Last edited by jacksonaxes; 08-14-2014, 09:37 PM.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I really like mine. It has that classic Model neck, with those frets & neck profile. Feels better to me than most mid-priced Fenders, with their small profiles & little frets. The neck & middle pickups sound good to me, but the bridge was too bitey so I replaced it with a Texas Special.

Still doesn't compare to my American Deluxe Strat. It has a flatter profile, V-neck, medium jumbos & the pickups sound great. I like it a lot. But it's also a much more expensive guitar
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
        Watch this review by scott grove. They are great guitars. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oURE1vvw6xM
        watched that earlier
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

the all maple necks are fatter then the maple/rosewood. I sold my 1A after a couple of years because I hated the pickups. I think that was in 92. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
            Watch this review by scott grove. They are great guitars.
            I actually bought the black 1A Scott played in this video, he had it up on ebay, still got it too; Scott is a pretty cool seller.

I also own an American Strat Deluxe and as nice as it is, I tend to spend more time playing the Charvel, the neck just plain feels better to me. A lot of people don't seem to like the J100 pups, but maybe they're just humbucker kinda dudes, because I think they're pretty good sounding depending on music style.

Here's a cool video that really shines a spotlight on the 1A, it kind of really is a Strat killer, enjoy!

Last edited by jspeed; 08-17-2014, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X