Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel So Cal Pickguard question

Hi all -

I'm looking to replace my MIJ Charvel So Cal pickguard with a different pickup configuration and knob layout. Does anyone know if the MIA pickguards are the same as the MIJ? If not, does anyone have a MIJ pickguard template around?
    I would trace out mine but I'm heading out on vacation and would like to place the order before leaving.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

I'm in the same boat as you, I just picked up a So Cal body but need a template or Source for Replacement Pickguards other than factory black. I went to WD Music but they do not have Charvel Pickguards and I don't have the stock Pickguard to send in a drawing. I picked up a Warmoth Floyd Pickguard but it doesn't fit without extensive modification to the tremolo and bridge pickup pockets.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 Charvel Wild Card #7 Primer Scream /2009 Jackson DKMG /2012 Charvel Desolution DS-1FR
    1993 Stratocaster Ultra / 2006 Fender Stratocaster 60th Anniversary Deluxe LSR / 2011 Fender MIM Blacktop Modified / 2012 Gibson Les Paul Axcess / 1985 Kramer Focus 1000 / 1984 Aria Pro RS / 2007 Ibanez Prestige 1570

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidicus View Post
      I'm in the same boat as you, I just picked up a So Cal body but need a template or Source for Replacement Pickguards other than factory black. I went to WD Music but they do not have Charvel Pickguards and I don't have the stock Pickguard to send in a drawing. I picked up a Warmoth Floyd Pickguard but it doesn't fit without extensive modification to the tremolo and bridge pickup pockets.

I ended up getting a warmoth pickguard with the following specs based off of other forum responses:
      Shape: Stratocaster®
      Orientation: Right Handed
      Color: .09" Black Solid Gloss
      Neck Pickup: Strat®
      Middle Pickup: None
      Bridge Pickup: Fat Trembucker
      Control 1: None
      Control 2: Tone
      Control 3: Tone 2
      Control 4: None
      Countersink: Standard Countersink
      Bridge Cut: Floyd Bridge Cut
      Mounting Holes: 11 Hole

It arrives tomorrow; I'll let you know it goes.

Jeff
      Kiesel Aries
      Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

I have had a couple pickguards made by these guys.
        http://pickguards.us/index.html
        The ones I had made were for Fenders but the quality is excellent. No fit issues. You can send in a tracing of your pickguard and draw the knob layout you need. I'm sure they will get you what your looking for.

Matt
        Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Comment

www.pickguardian.com

I've had good luck with these guys. They will make you whatever pickguard you want.

Comment

These guys do Charvel So-Cal pickguards:

http://www.terrapinguitars.com/index_php.php

I've ordered from them before, and was very happy with the results.
            A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

well got the warmoth pickguard - NO GOOD, doesn't fit. doh!

I might just trace the pickguard unless someone here has already for a MIJ?

Jeff
              Kiesel Aries
              Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
                well got the warmoth pickguard - NO GOOD, doesn't fit. doh!

I might just trace the pickguard unless someone here has already for a MIJ?

Jeff
                Mine was way off especially at the Tremolo and the pickup hole was over the wood, Ill try http://www.terrapinguitars.com/index_php.php or http://pickguards.us/index.html and post my results
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                2010 Charvel Wild Card #7 Primer Scream /2009 Jackson DKMG /2012 Charvel Desolution DS-1FR
                1993 Stratocaster Ultra / 2006 Fender Stratocaster 60th Anniversary Deluxe LSR / 2011 Fender MIM Blacktop Modified / 2012 Gibson Les Paul Axcess / 1985 Kramer Focus 1000 / 1984 Aria Pro RS / 2007 Ibanez Prestige 1570

Comment

Originally posted by Ophidicus View Post
                  Mine was way off especially at the Tremolo and the pickup hole was over the wood, Ill try http://www.terrapinguitars.com/index_php.php or http://pickguards.us/index.html and post my results

Thanks. That was the same thing with mine. Couldn't even cut/modify it, now i have a spare pickguard laying around.
                  Interested to see how it turns out with the other two places.

Jeff
                  Kiesel Aries
                  Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

I just ordered a New So Cal Pickguard from Pickguards.us and will post my results. I ordered a White HH with no Control Holes so I can Custom drill a Volume/Tone/3 way Toggle setup.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_gu3 View Post
                      The ones I had made were for Fenders but the quality is excellent. No fit issues. You can send in a tracing of your pickguard and draw the knob layout you need. I'm sure they will get you what your looking for.

Matt
                      I got one from these guys for my MIM So Cal. I just ordered the one they have for the USA So Cal and it lined up perfectly.
                      Good deals with:
                      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by matt_gu3 View Post

Matt
                        I've had several made by these guys and they fit perfect every time.

Comment

Has anyone found a "proper" working solution for this? I am also looking to replace my pick guards on my MIA and MIJ SoCals. However, I wanted to change the MIJ configuration to S/S/S like a Stratocaster but I read somewhere that the same problem comes up when trying to do that. Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X