Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Charvel So Cal HS HT

Hello everyone,
    Is there a reason the Neck is mounted so high in this Guitar? The space between the strings and the body is quite high compared to lets say a Fender Strat.
    The Front pickup which is a Duncan Classic stack has to be raised up pretty high to get any decent output out of it. What I noticed here is it's so high it makes the pickup loose and wobbly. The bridge pickup isn't as much an issue as the front. It took some adjusting to get the 2 pickups to output close to the same SPL.
    I also think the bridge saddles are a bit high to get proper string height.

Also why would Charvel decide to put the Neck rod adjustment at the bottom of the neck instead at the head stock like all other guitars I've ever owned? I don't get it you would have to take the guitar apart every time you have to adjust. I don't get it.

Just a few things I noticed about this model that Kinda bother me. It's a pretty cool guitar as I really like the idea of a Hard Tail Super Strat with a Single in the front and a Humbucker in the rear. I also like the fact it has no Tone knob.

Also the Tuners. Charvel has these Locking Tuners. I learned you can lock the string into place when changing them. You insert the string, set the lock then tune. Ok thats a good idea but they don't feel very good quality. Some of them are a bit loose when there is no string on them. I didn't see a way to tighten them up as the nut holding the tuner to the guitar seemed tight.

Comment

Photos?

Comment

How's the action? Might another issue. I've also noticed that a lot of tuners are loose when they don't have strings on them. The truss rod at the heel is a throw back to the old strat heads of the 80's. It's been that way since they came back in 2008ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          How's the action? Might another issue. I've also noticed that a lot of tuners are loose when they don't have strings on them. The truss rod at the heel is a throw back to the old strat heads of the 80's. It's been that way since they came back in 2008ish.
          Just poor quality then? I would replace them with a better quality if other brands are tight and true.
          The Truss rod at the heel so do you have to remove the neck to adjust? Or is there a tool that can get in there? Seems like you would have to remove the neck.

Comment

You have to loosen the strings and the neck screws to adjust the truss rod or you can get the neck and body modified, and the truss rod nut replaced, so you can adjust the truss rod without having to do all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
              You have to loosen the strings and the neck screws to adjust the truss rod or you can get the neck and body modified, and the truss rod nut replaced, so you can adjust the truss rod without having to do all that.
              I wonder if a 2013 or 2014 San Dimas HH model neck would fit perfectly? They look the same except the Maple fret board vs the Rosewood. I'd take a Maple fret board to get the Truss rod at the head stock. In the pic's I've seen of the San Dimas HH with a Floyd looks to have the Truss rod adjustment at the head, is that true?

Comment

pretty sure they haven't changed that. they are all at the heel. what's the big deal? you should only need to adjust once or twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  pretty sure they haven't changed that. they are all at the heel. what's the big deal? you should only need to adjust once or twice a year.
                  Don't you think it's kinda dumb you gotta take apart your guitar to adjust the truss rod? I don't like that at all. Having it at the head stock is ideal as you can dial in and not have to take apart the guitar.

Comment

Working...
                  X