Noisey J90C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisey J90C

Let me start by saying I love the J90C and many other Jackson/Charvel pick ups. The J90 in my 1989 275 DLX has become noisey on high gain settings. Is this something that is common/fixable? Is it time to "redo" all of the wiring and change out the volume pot?? HMMMMMMMM.

well.... as pickups age things o happen to them... but more than likely, your ground connections have gotten corroded or otherwise crappy.

AS long as you use good quality pots / caps / switches... . yeah... your guitar will most likely benefit from an electronics refresh!

Change the tone pot too though.. its part of the circuit and can lead to noise through a bad ground as well.
    WWW.HELGUitars.com

Comment

Most any passive pick up can be noisy on a high gain setting.
      What kind of noise? Microphonic? Hissing? Feeding back?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys! The sound is more of a feedback/hum issue when my hands are not touching the strings so I am leaning more towards what Shane was saying about the corroded ground connections. I really love this pick up so I hope I can work it out! I am handy with an iron so if that is all it is I should be able to get it handled. I do have a new CTS 500K pot too so that should not be a problem. Also, I just realized I probably should have posted this in the TECH section!

Comment

Working...
        X