NGD - Skatecaster SK3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Skatecaster SK3

My local charvel dealer is blowing out their remaining Desolation stock. For $199 I couldn't pass this up. It has locking tuners, and with the addition of the Schaller fine-tuning tailpiece I have lying around, I'm hoping for rock solid tuning stability. We'll see.

I also made the mistake of browsing this model online, so Facebook feels obliged to show me an ad for it every time I log in. This guitar was going to haunt me no matter what I did.

And my dog likes it.
    Last edited by Grawnday; 09-27-2013, 12:02 AM.

sweet, man. Can't knock that for under $200. I always thought that guitar was crying out for some old school black & white hot rod pinstriping. Make it look like a Rat Rod
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Shucks, the tailpiece isn't a direct swap. I think the bushings might have to be pulled and replaced with the Schaller ones in order to use the fine-tuning tailpiece. The color difference between the black chrome hardware of the guitar and the regular chrome of the Schaller parts is close enough, though. That's a plus, cuz I do like this guitar.

And these mahogany guitars might be good recipients for Duncan JB's pulled from other axes.
      Last edited by Grawnday; 09-27-2013, 03:18 AM.

Comment

I dig that primer-gray finish a lot- great score for the price!
        I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

Cool! As far as the Schaller fine-tuning tail... I used to have one and couldn't get it to fit on any guitar I owned... Les Paul, Hamer, Carvin.
          A Gibson TP-6 should fit... I put one of those on my Mark Morton Dominion.
          m4full.jpg
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice axe ToeJam!!! Also nice score Grawnday!!!
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X