NGD: Charvel Surfcaster (tremolo) in Trans Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theorifice View Post
    I think it's due to the uniqueness and rarity, both traits that tend to result in higher prices. Surfcasters don't show up on ebay all that often and when they do, they are either snatched up immediately if the price is palatable or they don't sell because the seller is asking for an absurd price, but even those get sold sometimes. In terms of features, the Surfcaster has a premium set, full neck+headstock+body binding, sharkies, 24-ish frets, premium pickups, high quality floating bridge, roller nut, semi-hollow, etc. They certainly feel like a premium instrument and one that I am completely happy to pay for.

There are countless guitars that look like model 4's, very few that have the timeless aura of the Surfcaster.
    Yep.

Excellent score! I dig the flame in the maple top- the angled split looks amazing. Welcome to Surfcaster ownership- believe me, it's an addiction! (I have 4 surf12s at the moment)

Cheers!
    I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

Oh man. I know. I'm always on eBay and craigslist trying to sniff out a good deal on another 6 string. One day I'd love to get a 12-string but I haven't the need for one yet. I've seen like a sparkle midnight blue finish that I'd love to get my hands on.

Comment

Nice score!

What kind of cases are you guys using to house these bad boys? I just picked up a cheapo Skatecaster and it doesn't fit in any of mine.

I'd always hoped there would be no Coffin Cases in my future.

Recommendations?
        Last edited by Grawnday; 09-25-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Who knew that these things would ever become investment pieces
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

That thing is cool
            Congrats

Comment

Just buy a Gator case that will fit.Problem solved.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I also just throw it in a Gator case and it's a fine sturdy case. I think it might be my favorite case.

Comment

Working...
                X