Price Check/Possible Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Check/Possible Purchase

Hey everyone...found this MIJ Charvel San Dimas HH listed locally and I was wondering what a good price on it would be?
    He is asking $500 cash..and I am not sure yet if it has the OHSC. It looks to be in very nice condition.

Was also wondering about the knob/toggle...they are backwards from the pics I am finding online of this model...is it possible
    he swapped them?

Thanks!

So what do you think? Is $500 a good deal for it? I am sure I can talk him down a little bit...but assuming he won't come off that amount?
    Jackson Pro DK2HT - Metallic Black
    Peavey 6505mh
    Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

$500 is a great price with OHSC. These cane with one, so I don't know why it would not. I'd argue the price if it didn't.

It cost me $750 to make one from high end parts and I still haven't got the case yet, but it sounds fantastic.

Yes, switch and knob have been flipped.

Comment

Ya, I started looking at parts on Ebay...there are some listings for "new" loaded bodies but those sit at $400, then you add a neck, tuners, and Floyd Nut...and it's a ways over his $500 asking price...he is slow on the emails, so I am waiting to hear back to hear if he has a case or not, if not I am thinking $425-450 if he'll bite. But honestly, I have a hard shell strat case that is empty so it's not exactly a deal breaker for me...

Thanks for the input Don!
      Peavey 6505mh
      Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

Comment

I bought a flamed neck, used an OFR with an upgraded brass block, so yeah, best of the best. For pickups, a Screamin Demon in the neck (pole pieces swapped) and an A2 magnet TB4 in the bridge. Sound really heavy, great for Thrash metal. Problem is, it doesn't "look" thrash metal

Comment

Nicely done!

He finally called me, and I am picking it up tomorrow around noon!!! $500, but it comes with the OHSC (The molded Charvel/SKB case) AND the back plate is signed by Guthrie Govan from Asia! Not the biggest Asia fan, but it's pretty neat I think

He did say he swapped the knob/toggle but that it can be put back with no issue.
          Peavey 6505mh
          Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

Comment

Can't beat that price. I thought I was off to a good start with a $150 body and $180 neck, but the little things added up.

Comment

Outstanding price on that guitar. They have been robbing the necks alone off these and selling them for $250 - $300 and then another $400 for a loaded body. Damn shame to bust apart these great guitars. In 5 years when that white ages to a nice yellow folks will be lining up to buy her off you! Great score!
              "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
              ENGL Powerball II
              Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
              Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
              Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
              1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
              1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
              2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
              2011 Jackson DK2M Black
              1987 Charvel Model 2 White
              2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
              1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
              1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
              2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
              2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
              2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
              2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
              2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
              2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
              2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
              1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

Originally posted by BigE13 View Post
                In 5 years when that white ages to a nice yellow folks will be lining up to buy her off you! Great score!
                LOL! I hope not! I like the bright polar white contrast with the black hardware. I'm not sure if I'd like it as much cream. I better get a case for it (it's in a gig bag for now)

Comment

I have a Model 6 in white that has faded to this beautiful, white pearlescent color. It is beautiful and makes it look so classy. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how they age colorwise.

Comment

It got somewhat sold out from under me :/

The guy didn't tell me it was at a local shop on consignment over the weekend, and when he called today to tell them to take it off the floor they said it was already sold!

Oh well...I got something else for less money, that I am super happy with it...NGD Thread in Import Jackson section!
                    Peavey 6505mh
                    Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

Comment

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that troll these forums looking for posts like yours. Example, you say you're going to buy it locally for 5 bills and it says your from Indiana. Dumbshit looks at your local craigslist, finds the very guitar based off the pics provided and offers the dude more money. This shit happens so many damn times especially on the smoking deals. I highly doubt this dude had it on consignment at a store...it's just a chicken shit way of telling you it's gone without you getting medievil over it.

Just a heads for for the future.

Comment

I don't know what game is going on, but this guitar was just listed (7:57am) again in my Cinci CL. I don't know why it is my CL listings - it does say the location is in Indy.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/3667709353.html

Comment

fishing for emails
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

He'll I'm not worried about...happy with my SDX
                            Peavey 6505mh
                            Blackstar HTV 112 Cab

Comment

Very fair price. Those are very nice guitars, I have one. Do grab it if you can...you won't regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X