Chrome Rod on the way!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Rod on the way!!!

Been wanting one of these for a while and found one on ebay last night for 7 bills shipped! The guy has put a coil tappable EMG 89 in it with a push/pull post as well as a floyd big block upgrade! I signed up for the bill pay with paypall and actually got it for under 7 bills. It's like new and has the case with all the candy. Can't wait! Here's some pics from the auction.

Last edited by beachjammer; 03-16-2013, 04:03 PM.

Beauty. Been sweating one of those myself, great upgrades on this one too.

Comment

Cool! Congrats. If it's got a push/pull for the 89, is the switch a kill switch then?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is a sweet guitar. Very nice score!
        "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
        ENGL Powerball II
        Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
        Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
        Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
        1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
        1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
        2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
        2011 Jackson DK2M Black
        1987 Charvel Model 2 White
        2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
        1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
        1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
        2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
        2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
        2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
        2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
        2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
        2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
        2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
        1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

I'm pretty sure that he left the kill switch although I did notice he changed the position of the switch and volume pot.

Comment

Looks killer, congrats! I have a guitar with an 89 (in the neck position though) and it sounds great, the coil tap sounds awesome too.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

It's out for delievery!

Comment

wow, that is sweet!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Simply AMAZING guitar! I love the feel of this thing! They really nailed the San Dimas feel on these. I think that's largely in part to the oiled neck and ebony fretboard. I've owned a couple of the USA pointy reissues, a USA So Cal and have played many of the Pro Mods and USA EVH Charvels and this is the closest they've came to my original San Dimas guitar! I Dreamsicle is next on my list!

Comment

Great looking guitar. Let us know what you think about the 89 with the coil tap.
                    No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Man, I was watching that thing for weeks when he had started at like $800 and gradually went down... just couldnt justify it though Ive been GASing for one since they came out. Congrats! I do have a Dreamsicle and its a killer guitar, better than my SoCal IMO, just doesent get much play.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Great to hear! I may have to try to find one of those eventually.

Comment

I really like the 89! I can get some great spank out of it when it's coil tapped. The 89 sounds like a hot Duncan to my ears. It's hot but still has that earthy, organic tone that active pickups normally don't have. I'd never played an 89 but I'm digging it and don't have any plans to change it out. This was a steal on this guitar! The brass big block rules as well! The sustain and harmonics I'm getting are amazing!

Comment

I've always loved an 85 in the bridge. The 89 is just an 85 with the coil splitting ability.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              I've always loved an 85 in the bridge. The 89 is just an 85 with the coil splitting ability.
                              +1.. Should be a fine guitar.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X