Been thinking about this for a while.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been thinking about this for a while.

Why is there so much dislike for the Desolation guitars?

I bought a DS-2 trans red a while back, and although definitely not my favorite out of all of mine, it is FAR from being a bad guitar. I know it is MIC, but so is 75% of what the average Joe would find in most stores nowadays.
    I consider myself an average Joe lol.
    Back on track. These Desolations are GOOD guitars. Not many guitars out there in this price range play as well as these do.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

They're obviously not a top line axe but there's no way you can get CS quality from a bound pointy headed star with emgs, a floating bridge & skb case in that price range.

Mine sounds fantastic & plays pretty damn good. I'm happy

Comment

Played one the other day. They're not a bad guitar IMO.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

With all of the great deals on used MIJ guitars, I'm just not interested.

Comment

Decent guitars, a bit overpriced all things considering. MIK World Guitars aren't very much more expensive but much higher quality.

I had a DX-1ST. I ended up giving it to a friend cause nobody would buy it, even at a super-low price. My friend loves it. The action is great, the necks feel good, the hardware is top-notch. Real EMGs, Gotoh Tune-o-matic, Gotoh Locking Tuners. Really nice, but there were cosmetic flaws and cheap build quality.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have a DS1-ST and a SK1-FR and i keep playing gigs and rehearsing with the SK1-FR. It's so comfy and does the job without a flaw.

Last edited by kuerbo; 03-10-2013, 12:32 PM.
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Obviously enough people owned these for the verdict to be in> End of story.. *I saw one of these sell new for less thes 100 USD on Ebay US

Comment

If I found one for less than $100 I would buy it right now.
                Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  +1000
                  sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    I'm kind of the same way, but I really like the trans blue smear Desolation star. No one makes star's now days. I would like to get one of these, but I would love one of the early 2000's reissue San Dimas star. Ferrari red, one hum, floyd rose and maple fretboard
                    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I will not buy one of these new.(rarely buy any guitar new). Played one not that impressed. so like others have said still cheaper and better to get MIJ charvels and jacksons. I'll also take the new indian jacksons over the new charvels that I like better and can be had cheaper used then the charvels. If I want bling on my guitar I'll go get another esp mh1000.

Comment

Working...
                      X