New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Hi, I am Eddie and I recently acquired a white Charvel Model 6 that has quickly become my number one. Right now it is having repair work done to it after an incompetent GC tech cross-threaded the center locking nut screw and left all the strings slack (of which I paid $51.00 to have this done) and did not tell me. I only realized after playing it and having no sustain that something was wrong. Upon checking I realized all the screws at the nut were loose and the center one was cross-threaded and would go no further in order to tighten the nut. Hopefully, when I get it back, it will be fine. Anyway, good to be here and hope to learn alot.

Welcome. Hope you don't wait too long for the guitar.

Ive stripped a few locknuts, it's always the center one that goes, bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
      Welcome. Hope you don't wait too long for the guitar.

Ive stripped a few locknuts, it's always the center one that goes, bizarre.
      I just hate the fact that he did not make me aware of it. It was a few days before I played it and I really could not go back to him and ask him to correct it. He would just say that I did it or something like that I think.

Comment

Congrats on the model 6, I would love to have one of those. Hopefully the new tech will correct it and get you ready to play. You should go back to GC and say he screwed up, the worst that can happen is he says it's your problem.
        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Not a hard repair. Welcome to the forum. BTW, If you don't spell something correctly you will get to meet RacerX, he's funny.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

always nice to see a new member. Welcome to JCF and yes watch out for the grammar nazi ha ha. if you want to see him pop up just mention how you love Randy Rhodes LMAO
            RacerX is cool though

Comment

Welcome to JCF nice to have you here.
              After the nut string locks work just fine sounds like the tech is not much of one.
              With those string locks the lower plate can drop down in the truss rod cavity if you loosen it too much.Take it off and look and see if that is the problem.
              Learn to do your own work and save your guitar from GC techs.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yep I did that on mine. I was too lazy to take it off and just turned the guitar on its face and let the lock fall back onto the screw and turned the screw until in caught.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                  you will get to meet RacerX, he's funny.
                  Yeah, but looks aren't everything!

Hi Eddie!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X