Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Model Series Charvels

Hello,
    This is my first post just wanted share some pictures of the beginning of my Charvel / Jackson collection. The "86" Model 4 I got from Craigslist a while back for $300, and the "87" Model 3 I recently got for $240. I really love the way both of them play. I had to replace the string lock on both of them because of really bad groves from the strings wear from over 25 years. Also replaced the springs in the Kahler as well as numerous set screws in bot JT-6 and Kahler. Also attached a picture of how yellow the Pearl White finish has become on the Model 3! The Jackson is a Christian Olde Wolbers (COW) signature, I love the one pick up one knob configuration! My next Charvel has to be a Model 2! But I love these guitars and how affordable they are. Ive always been a Gibson person but in my exploration for other guitars over the years I'm starting to realize that theirs allot of other good "affordable stuff out there. I think these MIJ Charvels model series are better made then most new guitars I've played. Thanks for looking.

2012 ESP M-1 NTB
    2008 Jackson COW Silverburst
    1988 Jackson mutt (Model 2 w/Jackson USA neck)
    1960 Les Paul Junior
    1992 Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Welcome! (although I'm pretty new here too) The Model series were produced in the same Chushin Gakki plant before the Jackson Professional series were built there and the quality is top notch. I have three MIJ Charvels (M1, M2 and a 275 DLX) that I love playing along with a Jackson Stealth Pro - quality build and materials is not an issue for that factory! Still shocked at low prices of the MIJ guitars. The 275 was mint - virtually unplayed, and stayed in its case its whole life - I only paid $150 for it on CL a month ago. Until I can afford a USA JackChar, I'm sticking with the MIJs. Lot's of great info and knowledge here. Cheers!

Comment

Nice stuff!

Yep, those are great guitars. Get a lot of bang for you buck.

Comment

welcome, louie. excellent first post
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice group. Your COW sig is really beautiful. Silverburst finishes have never done much for me, but yours is different. The understated black spray around the edges makes it seem to glow. Too cool !

Comment

Thank you guys!
            2012 ESP M-1 NTB
            2008 Jackson COW Silverburst
            1988 Jackson mutt (Model 2 w/Jackson USA neck)
            1960 Les Paul Junior
            1992 Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Comment

Working...
            X