Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - 2002 Journeyman

A new addition to my budget brood !
    Over the holidays I drove to Dayton Ohio and bought this out in the Guitar Center parking lot. I had seen the guitar in a nationwide Craigslist search, and the seller gave all the right answers over the phone.

I'd picked up a 2002 Standard awhile back, so I kinda knew what to expect. I loved the neck on the Standard, but it is a tuning nightmare. The new Journeyman came with Schaller locking tuners, a new experience for me. With the locking tuners, 5 springs on the trem, and no bar, it works well as a hardtail.

The necks are both good, but a little different. 1 5/8" on the Standard and 1 11/16" on the Journeyman.

With guitars of this caliber in the house I thought it best to keep a vicious guard dog close by.

I've come to really like this headstock, although the PC-3 style bugs me.......go figure.

The Standard will either get Floyded or cough up a donor neck to go on this:
    A 24 fret PS-1. I bought it cheap off Ebay for the body with a project in mind. The tip of the headstock was busted off, and the neck didn't appeal to me anyway. It's very very thin, lacking in "shoulders", and the fretboard edges feel sharp after being spoiled on the rounded pro mod edges. I've also come to believe that pickguards and pointy headstocks don't mix......... at least not on my guitars.

A 24 fret strat with a radiused heel, oodles of pickup options, and locking trem is a good thing. I'm thinking sonic blue with white pickguard. Kind of a poor man's version of this:
    Last edited by Grawnday; 02-07-2013, 07:42 AM.

Congrats on the Journeyman. I have one a really like it. Probably the lightest guitar I've ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Grawnday View Post
      With guitars of this caliber in the house I thought it best to keep a vicious guard dog close by.

That is awesome.

Cool guitars too!

Comment

Working...
      X