Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Know what constitutes a best seller

at MF?

Asking because I see that tag on a few of the Desolation models.
    Guess that means they are selling well enough??
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Marketing. If they say it's a "best seller", then it probably means they sold a lot. They might be the only ones who are selling a lot of them, however, and given their size and the fact they own GC, pretty much everything they have could be a "best seller". Also doesn't mean other dealers are selling a lot of them, either.

"Best seller" doesn't mean that people are keeping them, though. Retention is more important, imo. If you sell 100, but only 3 people liked them enough to keep them, and the other 97 are rotting away on a used shelf, that means that 97% of those who bought them did not like them. The other 3% probably either don't know any better or may actually like them.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I would think most of those 97% who didn't like them returned them. some are turning up used now but the used prices are not out of whack and there isn't a flood of used inventory on these.
      Newc stop always being negative. I may never buy one of these since I'm at the point of only buying guitars I've tried at least model and sam ash and GC don't carry these. Doesn't mean I'm going to go around trashing them.

Comment

Working...
      X