Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini Charvel MIJ Guitar ...anyone seen one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Charvel MIJ Guitar ...anyone seen one of these?

Posting for a friend who has it, is looking to post it FS, however he'd like to know more about it before posting so he can answer the questions he's sure to get.

Its just like any other late 80s Charvel, has full size hardware/pickups, but the body and neck are significantly smaller.

Pics

Any info GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance.

doesn't look like a Charvel body to me. That's a Takeuchi trem, but it doesn't fit the recess rout. It could be a Jackson Fusion SS body. That could mean it's a late 80s Charvel neck on an early 90s Jackson body.

Don't know what to make of that plate though. The whole guitar might be something for the Japanese market. In which, the small Charvel logo isn't much help for dating the guitar.

Got any better pics of the back of the guitar? Or of the neck pocket & heel?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Weren't Fusions 24 fret 24.75" scale and that Model 4 neck is 22 frets 25.5" scale? I think there would be intonation issues up the whazoo.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        Weren't Fusions 24 fret 24.75" scale and that Model 4 neck is 22 frets 25.5" scale? I think there would be intonation issues up the whazoo.
        Its not a model 4 neck, its 24.75" scale.

Heres a pic of the neck unbolted.

Comment

Japanese market 610-SL. http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall14.html
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Awesome thanks for the info!!
            Any guesses to what its worth?
            Last edited by jetydosa; 02-04-2013, 11:11 AM.

Comment

No problem. I knew I had seen one of those before, so I did a Google search with the 610 that's shown on the neck. No idea how much it's worth.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X