Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Moore charvel

Hi guys.

Been a member for a while now since I had a Model 5 and a PC3 which have since given way to a Les Paul and a green USA so-cal. I bought a new charvel yesterday. Im told its a USA San Dimas body with a Jap neck. I've always been a massive fan of Gary Moore, and his charvels so this was a nice buy for me. Plays lovely. See what you guys think of it:

Cheers
    Stew

Well, you know it's a mutt. The neck looks to be from a Wildcard #4 Aqua, because of the green lettering.

Other than that, I'm not familiar with Gary's axes. Did he use an EMG?

I love my ProMod's so I'm sure they are great. I have an Aqua #4 and a white one I made from parts. I got luck with flamed maple necks on both.

Comment

Yeah it is a mutt and I agree the neck has come from a #4 Wildcard. That said - Gary Moore's started life with 3 single coils rather than 1 hum. Yeah he did have EMG's in both the charvels used on the Wild Frontier tour.
      Last edited by Stew; 01-28-2013, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Maybe post some pictures of his Charvels. It would be cool to see how they compare to yours.

Comment

it's not a bad likeness. Different knob and it is in a different spot.

Hail yesterday

Comment

To be fair he did switch over to a strat volume knob. Those photos must be from 1986.

Here it is in 1987: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vElkK1aisKk

Comment

Working...
            X