Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best replacement pickups for SD Pro Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best replacement pickups for SD Pro Mod?

Got a sweet Ferrari Red with HH but the stock SDs aren't rocking my world. What pickup swaps did you make that made this axe totally jam?

Try using a quality paper in oil cap instead of the ceramic cap in it now.
    Try adjusting the pole pieces you would be surprised what a difference that makes.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Not being a dick here, just helping you out...try doing a search for similar threads...there have been several discussing pickup swaps in the Pro Mods

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Try using a quality paper in oil cap instead of the ceramic cap in it now.
        My ProMod didn't come with a Tone control! I was robbed!

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
          Not being a dick here, just helping you out...try doing a search for similar threads...there have been several discussing pickup swaps in the Pro Mods
          I being one of the people who started those threads.

I'm currently using a Sreamin Demon in the neck (ok) and a TB4 with an A2 magnet and it's a little too dark. This is the first set of pickups I've tried. I'm going to swap in a regular TB4 next, because I love the tone I get with the stock Aqua #4, but there are quite a few differences between the axes (rosewood vs. maple and more).

Comment

Originally posted by jbird5150 View Post
            Got a sweet Ferrari Red with HH but the stock SDs aren't rocking my world. What pickup swaps did you make that made this axe totally jam?
            What type of music do you play?
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              What type of music do you play?
              Mostly 80's rock and classic stuff. Really just plucking around at home, no gigging. Leaning towards Tone Zone or Super Distortion in the bridge, but interested to see if anybody else was using something that really made the alder body light up.

Comment

Try replacing the 500k volume pot with a 250K pot. It works wonders with a JB.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  I'm currently using a Sreamin Demon in the neck...
                  How does the Demon sound in the neck position? Never really thought about trying it out there!

Comment

I've always recommended the Dimarzio AT-1 (Andy Timmons) for the Pro Mods. I had 6 USA Pro Mods at one time and tried a boatload of pickups in them all. The AT-1 was my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                      How does the Demon sound in the neck position? Never really thought about trying it out there!
                      It works good. I'm not really a huge neck pickup fan, so I can't really give an answer like a picky person would.

I did swap the regular poles with the allens so that it would fit better in the shallow route.

Comment

Working...
                      X