NGD: My 1st Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: My 1st Charvel

At last, it arrived........& no battle scars either. Phew!!

It rocked up Tuesday morning but I haven't done a thing with her apart from these pics coz Ive been incredibly ill.
    I'd have to be not to care about a new guitar, right? I will get around to a suitable report but for now pics & a brief description will have to suffice.

Overall, for the price it's a very nice axe, comfy to hold & no neck dive. But it is chinese & you can tell by some of the finer finishing details but nothing to be concerned about. The neck is a bit chunky, I guess I was expecting more of a Jackson feel but it's still nice.

Anyway, on to the pics..............
    Last edited by Force; 08-08-2012, 06:49 PM.

Looks very nice. I haven't played any of the modern Charvel Imports. They were getting it right with their imports 25 years ago, when many others weren't.

Comment

Take some 0000 steel wool or 1000 grit or higher sandpaper to the back of the neck and give it a nice satin feel. It makes a world of difference.

Oh, and Grats! I'm sure you'll like it. I'm really digging my DX1.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

I have the DS-1ST in Trans Blue and it is a great guitar. These are great guitars for the price! The neck on mine doesn't feel chunky at all to me. I have an LP that is way fatter...
          "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
          ENGL Powerball II
          Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
          Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
          Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
          1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
          1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
          2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
          2011 Jackson DK2M Black
          1987 Charvel Model 2 White
          2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
          1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
          1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
          2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
          2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
          2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
          2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
          2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
          2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
          2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
          1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

Mine feels a bit chunky compared to any standard Jackson profile, except for the standard Rhoads profile which I can't stand. Reminds me a little of the old Wizard I profile more than anything.

The neck wood was raw and I would get thumb burn after a couple of minutes. About 30 minutes of finish work and it plays like butter now.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Just spent some time bonding & the neck is quite nice. Open E6 is buzzing but doesn't affect distorted sounds at all.
              She sounds really awesome, is fairly comfy to hold & the bridge on this is amazing, very impressed.

The binding work is pretty ordinary, not sure what it is but it looks like black plastic, misused black plastic.
              That & the buzz are the only issues, other than that it's a hell of a guitar for under $700.

Comment

Working...
              X