No announcement yet.

Hiatus of Pro Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well...thats what i get for not paying attention i suppose...then again right now i own 3 ibanezes 1 esp and 1 jackson...lol...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
      well...thats what i get for not paying attention i suppose...then again right now i own 3 ibanezes 1 esp and 1 jackson...lol...d.m.
      Ibanez makes great guitars, but their necks are just too thin. I'd own one, but fuck man, they're just too darn thin.

....Sorry for my rant.

Comment

that's not a rant...that's an opinion lol...and one i respect...my saber and 92 570 have that exact thin neck you refer to...and believe me they are very easy to play (saber's not quite as wide as the rg)...while my 2001 rg 570 has a neck that's actually a bit thicker than the other 2 and a lot closer to my jackson dinky...

just remember...the world would be boring if we all liked the same thing...and no apologies needed for voicing your opinion...capiche?...d.m.

Comment

While I can't say that I'm 100% happy with what FMIC has done, I think the alternative would have been J/C becoming a dead brand.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
            Ibanez makes great guitars, but their necks are just too thin. I'd own one, but fuck man, they're just too darn thin.

....Sorry for my rant.
            Actually, this year I picked up my first Ibanez (a 1990 RG550) and the a USA Custom model. I love the thin necks and beefy frets.

Comment

while my 2001 rg 570 has a neck that's actually a bit thicker than the other 2 and a lot closer to my jackson dinky...
              That's basically what I think my DX1 feels like and I am really loving it. I'm grabbing it more than anything else at the moment. I guess my initial instinct, against every reason that I don't like these guitars and what they stand for, I played it for a few seconds, looked at the price and walked immediately to the register. I didn't even really try any of the other ones until after I purchased mine and I wouldn't have changed my mind.

And yeah, you can say whatever you want here, really, but if you come across as being trollish, be prepared to be trolled hard in return.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

My thought on Fender buying out C/J is that it was fun while it lasted, but that's over now.

Jacksons got better Q/A, we got the DK2M, upgraded? black hardware on imports, real SD's on imports.

Charvels came back with excellent runs of USA and MIJ stratheads. Even a few Jackson stratheads like the PC1 and AS models.

But IMO, the fun is over, hold onto your old ones. It's like we are going back into the mid-90s where the fretboards went from ebony to rosewood, binding disappeared, and inlays became MOTO instead of MOP.

Even if they got the craftsmanship up to MIJ levels, these new MIC models will be made from curious wood choices, just like ESP LTD models. Sure they can call it mahogany all day long but I'm not buying it.

Comment

sorry xeno...didn't realize i was being trollish...d.m.

Comment

sorry xeno...didn't realize i was being trollish...d.m.
                    No not you. I was agreeing with you like this:

and no apologies needed for voicing your opinion...capiche?
                    And yeah, you can say whatever you want here, really, but if you come across as being trollish, be prepared to be trolled hard in return.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      No not you. I was agreeing with you like this:

ooops...my bad ...d.m.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        My thought on Fender buying out C/J is that it was fun while it lasted, but that's over now.
                        I can agree with this.
                        Unless something changes soon, I'm not all that interested in another J/C.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I agree! The party is over for J/C unless you are willing to pony up big $ for a CS. Even then it has been a couple of years since I saw anything that would tempt me. I recently read an article/interview in a trade magazine with Mike McGregor. In the interview he pretty much indicated that the Charvel fan boys are getting older and buying fewer guitars and in order to sustain and grow the brand J/C had to come up with guitars other then the HotRod Strat. Hence,the Desolation Series. He also stated that the Hotrod strats are still available through the CS but for now the Charvel brand is going in another direction and that they will soon release a mid level desolation Pro Series with less bling and passive pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                            for now the Charvel brand is going in another direction and that they will soon release a mid level desolation Pro Series with less bling and passive pickups.
                            A mid-level line? Yeah, I guess with the features the MIC would be their high end import. Even though it's pretty much beginner level quality with an exceptional neck.

And the pro-mods weren't selling well? I thought that was one of CJ's best selling models...

Comment

Well, if J/C wants to sell the MIC stuff, they need endorsements to get the younger crowd interrested. How many of us lust for a DiMartini, an AS, a big red, an RR, a Lynch Sub Camo, etc.

Sad truth is that endorsements do work.

Comment

IF I can find the interview I will link it. My understanding of it was that they sold well to old guys like us but not the younger crowd. The younger players were looking for the tone and sound of bands of today. Those bands are using ESP,LTD,Schecter etc. The retailers were also looking for feature packed entry level guitars with a price point of around $500.00 that would appeal to the youngsters and their parents.

Comment

Working...
                                X