Help Picking the Right Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Picking the Right Charvel

I'm an old school 475 guy (my 1st guitar bought new in 1990) who moved on to a Suhr which I've had since 2004. I'm at a point where I don't want a guitar that expensive (3 young kids) and I'm looking for a Charvel, new or used, to replace it. Trouble is, with all the new fangled Charvels over the last few years, I don't know what the F I'm looking for. I typically research the crap out of everything before I buy but I just don't have the time to figure this one out on my own. Looking for some help...

My criteria is

$1000 or less
    Used is fine
    Strat or dinky body style
    HSS p/u config but would consider the right HSH
    Recessed Floyd
    A neck which would be closest to an Ernie Ball Axis
    22 frets
    I would prefer rear routed p/u's but would go for a pick guard if everything else fit my needs
    Body wood = Alder or Basswood or similar

The Wild Card's seem to fit the best but I don't know what the neck feel is like and I'm not sure if it's worth it to go with a USA made instead.

Thanks in advance for the help

Mike E

charvel has nothing like a ernie ball axis. the only recent charvel with a pickguard is a socal usa or mij can be changed to hsh config. but they are non recessed trems.

Comment

not to sound stupid but if you liked the 475 before why not just grab a used one off the bay?...you already know what you are getting that way...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

What type of bridge do you want?

Comment

Thanks for the replies

My reference to the Axis was only related to the neck shape. Not looking for exact but I want a comfortable C shape and not a D shredder type. Regarding the bridge, I'm looking for a recessed Floyd. Also forgot to mention that I don't need a fancy maple top or anything (although they're nice); solid color is fine.

Comment

If you want a C shape the usa promod strats, but they're not recessed. charvels are usually d shaped.

Comment

I hate to say this on a Jackson forum but he is looking for a Kramer Pacer
              Haters gonna hate
              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
              X