Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Do Custom Pointy Necks with the Right Heel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Do Custom Pointy Necks with the Right Heel?

I've got a spare Model 4 body and want to do a build up on it, but I was curious...does anyone do custom necks with the right specs? I can get a Musikraft with the right heel but the wrong headstock, or a MightyMite or the like with the right headstock but the wrong heel.

Is there another option?

Yeah, it sucks that Might Mite doesn't have a square or flat heel option. Curved heels just don't look right on Charvels.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Dragonfire
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Are you referring to the square fretboard end or the correct 2.25 " heel for your charvel body?

Comment

Not sure google it.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I was referring to the correct size 2 1/4" size. Though the correct squared-fretboard would be nice too.

And Stray, I did Google it. Didn't find anything conclusive, hence coming here. Musikraft does a 2 1/4" heel, but they replied to me and said no pointy headstocks so I'd be stuck with a Strat headstock, which looks wrong on a Model series IMHO.

Comment

Dragonfire...
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Also, you could find a decent model series neck for a lot less than a custom made neck. Of course you would be stuck with the kahler locknut thing. I have a jackson neck on a model 3 body that fits perfectly and aside from the jackson logo looks correct. It has the floyd nut which is the bonus for this application. 22 fret, with dots, jackson necks can be found rather cheap. Just avoid the indian made ones as the heel may be 2 3/16.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  Dragonfire...
                  I'll shoot them an email, but they appear to just do stock-ish necks. I could buy one and refret it, I suppose.

Edit: Yeah, no customs. Has anyone used one of their necks? I could just order one and try it out I suppose, it's not exactly a massive investment.
                  Last edited by SausageofPower; 07-25-2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X