Trying to find bridge parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find bridge parts

I am trying to find a bridge saddle for a Model Series Charvel bass. Does anyone know of any suppliers or places to find these parts. I have a 4B with one height adjustment stripped and locked in place in the saddle. I've been watching EBay with little luck.

I just got saddles and other bridge parts from Stewmac.com.

They seemed to have the best selection, and best descriptions for what I needed.

Comment

I'll give Stew Mac a try. I am trying to find a direct replacement as I'm only replacing one saddle.

Comment

Schaller 4-String Roller Bass Bridge
        Gotoh Standard Bass Bridge

I have no idea what you need, but maybe this will help

Comment

Will these bridges retrofit, with no modification, the Japanese Model 3-4 series basses?

Comment

Soak the saddle in penetrating oil Ill bet you can get the adj screw out from the bottom.
            Its a metric thread keep that in mind.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks, I may try that. I have spayed it good from both sides with lubricant. It won't budge. I put it in a vise and used some heavy needle nose pliars and still couldn't get it to turn in either direction. I did a quick fix and filed down the underside of the adjustment screw a little to lower the action slightly. I may be able to live with this fix.

I'm rather anal and after I accumulated a number of Kahler equiped Model 4's, I bought up several used Kahler's for spare parts. Much cheaper than buying the Kahler parts new. I'm bidding on several JT6 Jackson/Floyd's as we speak. I'm gonna keep searching for a spare bass bridge or parts.

Comment

I have no idea what will fit. I'm just trying to point you in the right direction. There are a few Bass guys on here that should be able to help.

Comment

I appeciate all your input rdamaral. Just looking at some of those bridges you mentioned, they look as if they have the same bolt pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                    I have no idea what will fit. I'm just trying to point you in the right direction. There are a few Bass guys on here that should be able to help.
                    I replied when he posted over there.
                    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
                    X