Newb enjoying NGD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb enjoying NGD!

Thanks to this forum, I have made it back to owning a guitar after being away from it for 22 years. Here is the matching 3A to the 2 that I sold long ago.

Sweet guitar! Welcome aboard.
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Nice. I was on the prowl for a 3A in white but I think I'm done now that I have my white ProMod.

Comment

welcome. Great looking axe. I've long wanted a 3A - 2H, blade, 22 frets. Simple & perfect.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks everyone. I catch myself being back in 1989 at times with it in my hands.
          Last edited by Exnav; 07-13-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Congrats! Love that blue! She is a beauty!
            "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
            ENGL Powerball II
            Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
            Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
            Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
            1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
            1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
            2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
            2011 Jackson DK2M Black
            1987 Charvel Model 2 White
            2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
            1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
            1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
            2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
            2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
            2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
            2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
            2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
            2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
            2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
            1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

That's a LOOKER! How much did she run you?
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I purchased it from GC for $359. It's in better shape than I expected. No case and is missing the JT-6 arm and one cover on the rear, but have parts coming from Budman. Has 2 Seymour Duncan p/u's, and it appears that the bridge is powered by 2 9v batteries. The whole active p/u deal to me is new since I've been away from it for so long, so am guessing that the neck p/u is passive and both are for the bridge...at least that's the way the wiring looks. I've learned a lot lurking on the board and caught the fever to get back in it from being on here. Still can't play for crap, but I'm 44 and having a blast. I bought a Fender SuperChamp X2 to play through and am doing the Paul Gilbert online lessons. I have no illusions of grandeur.
                Last edited by Exnav; 07-14-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Nice!!!
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

That is awesome, congrats! Model series Charvels are the best of the best IMO.

Comment

At the risk of becoming an annoyance, I am posting this new purchase and asking for a little assistance. Does anyone have instructions to this 475? Specifically looking for wiring and knob ID. Obviously the volume is a no brainer. This was a CL find and seems to be in really nice shape..not beat up at all. Jack for the output cuts in and out, so I will be tearing it apart later tonight for a cleanup and inspection. Thanks in advance if someone can help.

Comment

Working...
                      X