Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charvel even making mid-level production guitars anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Charvel even making mid-level production guitars anymore?

Been GASing bad for a SoCal and can't find them anywhere. All out of stock and nobody can seem to say when, or if at all, they'll ever be made again. So does that mean that if you want a Charvel its gotta be a $2,000+ custom or $600 Chinese crap? Nothing in-between? Kinda frustrating. Seen a couple on ebay, but for full price and more, I'd rather buy from a shop (I'm looking for a snow white SoCal).

the japanese factory closed so yes no more HIGH END production guitars.

Comment

I'm building a snow white from parts. I got good deals on the neck ($200) and the body ($150), but after all the other little stuff, including a case, it would have been cheaper just to buy a complete guitar on ebay. I've seen then sell for $600 shipped once - so you'll have to be lucky.

Comment

I used to be scared to buy a guitar that I had not seen or played but don't be afraid to buy before you try. eBay may be your best bet.

I've bought 2 Charvels on eBay in the last 2 years and have struck gold both times

I've seen some decent deals for US and MIJ So Cals recently and I'm still watching. I'd like to have one more US San Dimas.
        Last edited by TX-Joe; 06-25-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I bought my MIJ socal off ebay for 675 shipped. Looked brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by SIXER View Post
            I bought my MIJ socal off ebay for 675 shipped. Looked brand new.
            You paid $75 too much

No seriously that isn't too bad. What color?

Comment

I've had good luck with buying guitars on ebay. I bought both of my Jackson's off ebay and had great luck. I would buy another guitar off of ebay if I found a good deal.
              Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
              Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Wasnt there a guy here claiming that the final batch of MIJ charvels is going to hit this summer?

Comment

I'm watching ebay, there are some good deals there but I want a white SoCal and they don't come up that often and when they do seem to fetch much more than the other ones

Comment

I don't have pictures yet (apologies, soon!) but I just snagged a black MIJ So Cal with the SKB case, all the original hardware and currently fitted out with a 5-way, a SD single in the middle a Fender single at the neck and a gloss black 3-ply scratch plate.

Honestly one of the finest guitars I have ever owned and only the 2nd most expensive!

Comment

The Sam Ash in Ontario, California is clearing their last two out if anyone is interested, a Wild Card #6 Dreamcicle and a red San Dimas for $699 ea.

Comment

Don P. my socal is red. I would love to score a white one though.

Comment

I want a white one as well. I couldnt find one, was gassing and had money in my pocket, seen an rr3 and got it. It didnt hit the spot but it will hold me over till i get one lol
                          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Between a used, floor model or 'New', I get a mint used one personally. It will probably be better nick than a floor model.

Is it me or has anyone noticed the last of the pro mod necks that Charvel are passing out, whilst still great are aesthetically dubious, made of curly grained pieces of quartersawn timber, sometimes with bark on or remnants of knots...I kid you not. Definitely the older pro mod necks were straight grained as an arrow and sometimes even flamed, much better quality. That said my USA necks are a lot worse quality wood than the earlier japanese pro mods, but they play great.
                            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Here you go Tat. Even I wasn't fast enough to get it.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho....php?t=1103444

Comment

Working...
                              X