New 5a and model 6 this month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 5a and model 6 this month!

Got the 5a for 100 and the model 6 on a 4 year old laptop trade!

(the jt6 from the m6 is soaking in oil atm)

M6 has been gutted, has a Dimarzio fred.

Sorry, but I ask this of everyone

Is the 5A's neck fatter than the M6?

Good scores. With a white one you'd be looking patriotic.

Comment

The m6 feels fatter honestly...

Comment

Great pair!

Comment

NICE love the 5A, something about 1 hum soloists that just look killer.

Comment

It's worth noting that the necks on those Japanese Charvels were hand-shaped, so they vary in thickness from guitar to guitar. You can't really make generalizations based on the different models or years.

Comment

Good info!

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                It's worth noting that the necks on those Japanese Charvels were hand-shaped, so they vary in thickness from guitar to guitar. You can't really make generalizations based on the different models or years.
                I'll agree with you once I find a 5 with a thin neck. I have two (5FX and 550XL) and both have the same fat neck. I have 2 6's and a 4 with thin necks. Of course Fusions are thin but they aren't a "Model".

Comment

My model 5 is kind of a fatty. It's a little thicker than my RR1 neck(s). It's not PC1 fat by any means but it's definitely the thickest neck I have.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I can honestly say that I've only played one Model 6 (an '86) with what I considered a thin neck. All of the other Charvel neckthrus I've played have had what I consider 'medium' necks. Pretty much like most USA Soloists I've had, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                      I can honestly say that I've only played one Model 6 (an '86) with what I considered a thin neck. All of the other Charvel neckthrus I've played have had what I consider 'medium' necks. Pretty much like most USA Soloists I've had, actually.
                      The 5/6 necks are slightly bigger then my rr24. My Fav is the kv2 necks.

Ill be taking out the Dimarzio Fred and putting in a j50bc and je1000 into the red m6.

Comment

Originally posted by 197666 View Post
                        Ill be taking out the Dimarzio Fred and putting in a j50bc and je1000 into the red m6.
                        Good for you. I have one completely stock, and one upgraded with a J80C. The J80C was love at first strum. For the longest time I thought I didn't like the J50BC but the last time I played it it sounded great. I think the DSL100's volume was too low, making it not come thru. You do need to crank those to a descent level to get the speakers swinging.

Comment

My model 5 neck was thicker than my 6.

Comment

That 5a I nice. I want one

Comment

Originally posted by psykofly View Post
                              That 5a I nice. I want one
                              Just so happens there's one in the classifieds right now.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X