NGD - '87 Model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - '87 Model 6

Well, I just scored a 1987 Charvel Model 6. She's been around the block a bit, a few nicks and dings here and there, but still in really good condition overall. Under 4 bills, so I'm not complaining. All original with mid boost and all. I'm digging the cobalt blue finish. Fret wear is non existent, especially when comparing it to my 87 M4. I've lusted for a M6 ever since I bought my M4 back in '87. I just couldn't afford it back then. I've been after a M6 for years now, but every other deal has fallen apart, or they've been more coin than I was willing to spend or had a Kahler...no thanks. This deal almost fell apart too, when he calls me back after we agree to meet and I get the "my buddy has since offered me more than I was asking, but since I agreed to sell it to you, if you pony up the same offer, I'll let you have it" bullshit. I said...sell it to him. I wasn't heading down that road. He calls me back the next day, "oh, his wife won't let him buy it." Nice try, fail. I end up with a M6 under 4 billz!!!

Some Pics....

Last edited by BayRocker; 06-13-2012, 09:12 PM.
    My Charvel/Jackson Family

congrats! model 6s play awesome. i'm still waiting to refinish mine... it's been over a year. i should really get to it...

Comment

The things sellers will try... Nice score, especially at that price. Looking good!
      Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Nice M6 good price too.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice score BayRocker! Was that the one on Craigslist?

Comment

That JT-6 looks pretty fresh in that pic. It's weird because it looks like pick wear on the pickups, but none on the trem. Maybe the dude never palm muted... :think:
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice score. Theres one on my local cl, but for $700

Comment

my 6 sounds awesome through my v3m. Hope you're loving that setup like I do

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                  Nice score BayRocker! Was that the one on Craigslist?
                  Yes...I check it every day...so ya better be quick if you want to beat me to anything.... Actually, I need to cut back on purchases before an intervention is required, or the wife kills me, whichever comes first.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  That JT-6 looks pretty fresh in that pic. It's weird because it looks like pick wear on the pickups, but none on the trem. Maybe the dude never palm muted... :think:
                  I was checking out the JT-6, and it does look awefully minty!! The pickups don't actually have that much wear. Someone actually blacked out the Jackson logos with a sharpie...going to fix that.

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                  my 6 sounds awesome through my v3m. Hope you're loving that setup like I do
                  I'm loving all of my guitars through that amp combined with the GSP1101. My favorite combo is still the 2010 USA San Dimas with that rig...it just oozes tone.
                  My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Congrats! I've also got a cobalt blue model 6. They are great guitars.

Comment

Very nice! I love the model 6! Glad you finaly have one!

Comment

Working...
                      X