Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Japanese Charvels?

Hi there,
    Does anyone know what is happening with the 2012 Japanese Charvels, like the So-Cal and San-Dimas?

I was just about ready to purchase the white So-Cal Style 1 with Maple fretboard (this one) - but i discovered all the dealers had sold out.
    When i contacted Charvel directly, i was told only:
    "Those models are under revision and are not currently available."

However, all those models are still displayed on their website.
    This isn't unusual, Ibanez is even worse for updating it's website with model information, but i just wondered if anyone on this forum knows when new model info may come to light?

Thanks,
    Nevla

www.lastjuly.co.uk
    www.claytoncustom.com

Other forum members have more info but it seems the Japanese factory has been shut down. Not sure where if at all they will start production again...possibly China or India or ??? Your best bet right now is a like new, 2nd hand Pro Mod/So Cal from the forum classifieds, GC or Craigslist and lastly Evil Bay...Good luck they are outstanding guitars...I have the Candy Blue Pro Mod model and it rocks!
    "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
    ENGL Powerball II
    Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
    Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
    Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
    1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
    1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
    2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
    2011 Jackson DK2M Black
    1987 Charvel Model 2 White
    2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
    1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
    1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
    2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
    2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
    2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
    2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
    2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
    2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
    2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
    1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

Thanks for the fast response BigE13!
      Shut down the Japanese plant eh? That's a real shame
      Will check out second hand ones now...

Comment

I'm piecing together a white one with maple board. First I bought the neck, then I just go the body. Tuners and backplates are in the mail. I'm getting there slowly but surely LOL! I think the last part of the puzzle I don't have is an official neck plate and bolts. I have some generic ones, but might as well go the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I'm piecing together a white one with maple board. First I bought the neck, then I just go the body. Tuners and backplates are in the mail. I'm getting there slowly but surely LOL! I think the last part of the puzzle I don't have is an official neck plate and bolts. I have some generic ones, but might as well go the distance.
          I used a model series neckplate on mine. It looks the same from 2 feet away. I couldnt justify spending $100 for a plate and I did not want one of the jap ones with the long serial numbers. The best part is that I had it kicking around in my parts bin and it cost me nothing. I wish there was a source for the "fat" neck bolts used on the model series and promods.

Comment

I hear ya. I'm not too concerned about neck plates. Anything that gets the jobs done is fine for me.

Comment

Just fit a brass neckplate and Gold Gotoh SG360 tuners or something, gotta be the way to go and better than a model neckplate. Sometimes I have to stop myself from purposefully putting a dent in my San Dimas, just so that I can feel free to mod them and know I will never sell them. I never want to ever sell them.
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
              X