the volume knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the volume knob

gets in my way, i can't be the only one. what are you guys doing with it? obviously i know i can move it by damaging the guitar forever with a new hole, or i can forgo the tone and move the vol to there. the final option would be to get used to it.

just curious on what others have done.

thanks

I chose the second option with a rhoads by swapping the pickguard, so if you have a pickguard as well, this would be an idea maybe...
    This way you wouldn't have these nasty empty holes.

Then came my rear-routed guitars, and well... I got used to it.
    With just one volume knob in the layout, there is not much more you can do...
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by bll View Post
      obviously i know i can move it by damaging the guitar forever with a new hole, or i can forgo the tone and move the vol to there.
      I've done both of the above. I rarely use the tone knob knob anway.

Another option which I've been using more lately is using a smaller-sized knob which is not only smaller in diameter, but, more importantly, shorter in height, so my hand fingers don't bump into it, they go above it. This will work best for top mounted (non-recessed height) Floyd bridges, well, it doesn't need to be a Floyd, a TOM with strings similarly higher off of the body will work.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yeah, your knob is too big.

I put smaller knobs on my JDR-94 and it solved my problem.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I just tried a mini knob off of a non working stompbox. Helps, looks kinda funny but then my guitar only has a vol and toggle

Comment

I have no use for a tone knob and don't use the volume. It doesn't get in my way, either.

Comment

i hav a charvel that i wired with no vol or tone just an on/off switch just to try it and I like.

Comment

I hate this. Stupid design...move the volume knob one half cunt hair away from bride pup. WTF??? I've been playing my Strat because of this. No, I'm not butchering or altering like new 20 year old guitars...fuggums.

I don't do volume swells..tighten the knob itself works best for me. I like a stiff knob.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                  I hate this. Stupid design...move the volume knob one half cunt hair away from bride pup. WTF??? I've been playing my Strat because of this. No, I'm not butchering or altering like new 20 year old guitars...fuggums.

I don't do volume swells..tighten the knob itself works best for me. I like a stiff knob.

Comment

Never had a problem. Then again, I fan my fingers out like George Lynch and go right over the knob.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Never had a problem. Then again, I fan my fingers out like George Lynch and go right over the knob.
                      Joe, do you use George Lynch "Carpel Tunnel of Love" Gloves"..? Are they Scary ?

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Only on my penis...
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Only on my penis...
                          YES!!! George Lynch needs to make glow-in-the-dark, skeleton, latex "Mr. Scary" Love Gloves !!!

Comment

Try a rubber washer between the body and knob if you cannot relocate it and still need to use the volume. Creates more friction.
                            No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

my right hand is always throwing horns out over the heads of the crowd, so the knob never gets in the way
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X