Desolation Soloist pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desolation Soloist pricing

I admit it, despite the woe at them being made in China and the over the top bling (not to mention complete departure from everything Charvel is loved for) I want one of the DX-1 FR's in Blue Smear so bad my eyeballs might fall out. I love old school Charvels... and I also love the look of Schecter/ESP.

Don't laugh, Gibson sold at least a few of the Corvus, guitarists do silly things.

That said, they're currently priced at about $200 less than a new Pro-Mod, which is a serious piece of axe, so it's really hard to justify.

So... for those of you who watch the pricing on all things Charvel, anyone care to wager a guess at when we can expect to see these popping up all over the used market (they just came out right?) and what you'd expect to see them priced at?

If I could score one for, say, $300-400 used it'd be a more natural purchase.

Also, does anyone have one yet, and if so can you comment on it? I'm sure it'll sound exactly like every other guitar with EMG's but is the construction pretty decent? It's not easy to shim a neck-through if the angle is wrong, lol.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/127...w-soloist-cont

Comment

Thanks! I missed that one either due to his extra dash in the name (he put DX-1-FR and I searched for DX-1 FR, so I must've missed it) or just because it said "New Soloist" in the title so it didn't grab my eye looking for Desolation related threads.

I'm glad it had a decent review from him. He didn't seem to mention where he picked it up for that price but it seems like a good deal (a solid $100 or so less than most online retailers I've come across).

Comment

Some guyis trying to trade one on the seven string forum, I made an offer but he didn't bite.
        perhaps you will have better luck?

Comment

I was looking at these a couple weeks ago. I saw that the neck looked unfinished, and on a neck thru this really intrigued me, I love the feel of an unfinished neck which is why I got a DK1. I'm really curious to try one... is anyone carrying these in store? Guitar Center is a bit of a drive for me, and it seems like they should just rename it to Fender/Gibson Center.

Comment

GC does not have these some sam ash's might and some mom & pop shops might.

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
              I was looking at these a couple weeks ago. I saw that the neck looked unfinished, and on a neck thru this really intrigued me, I love the feel of an unfinished neck which is why I got a DK1. I'm really curious to try one... is anyone carrying these in store? Guitar Center is a bit of a drive for me, and it seems like they should just rename it to Fender/Gibson Center.
              Where in MA are you? There are some Charvel dealers in the SE part that have them in stock. Ray Mullen in Swansea had 6 of them in various shapes and levels when I went in March.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I'm in Dartmouth so Swansea is not far at all. I'll have to check it out sometime, thanks!

Comment

I had a go with a DX-1 FR soloist at a local music store. After that, I'm pretty determined to get one at some point.
                  The best guitar in that price range I've ever played.

OP was interested on it compared to a pro mod, I played it head-to-head with a pro mod San Dimas, and the San Dimas felt like a toy compared to the DX-1.

My main guitar, and actually my only one at this point as I sold all my other guitars, is a ESP M-II. I sold all the others because I was all the time only playing the ESP.
                  The DX-1 has a really similar feel, and felt ridiculously enough to be on par with the M-II. And this is saying quite much of a chinese made 700 EUR guitar.
                  So now I'm pretty much looking into getting the cherry burst one.

Comment

Did they offer this with no binding? Could have sworn I saw one somewhere.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

^ Are you thinking of the new Jackson X series? I'm interseted enough in buying one that I'm saving for one now. The shop where I'm gonna get it asked what color when I mentioned it and I said I don't care. Is there any real difference between a see through finish with a vinear as apposed to a solid one, tone and sound wise?
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                        ^ Are you thinking of the new Jackson X series? I'm interseted enough in buying one that I'm saving for one now. The shop where I'm gonna get it asked what color when I mentioned it and I said I don't care. Is there any real difference between a see through finish with a vinear as apposed to a solid one, tone and sound wise?
                        It looks like Charvel and Jackson have a new line of guitars. Charvels new line is called desolation and Jackson's is the x series. These guys look like they talking about the charvel line.
                        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

It looks like the Jackson x series has the white binding and the Charvel have the bling binding.

Comment

Having bling bling on your guitar makes you play better like how having a Nos sticker on your car makes it faster right? And charvels were the "hotrods" so it only makes sense. :P
                            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

They look fine to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X