Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Closet Queen

Just got this one...

Last edited by xbolt; 05-10-2012, 06:50 PM.
    Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Wow...clean! The case logo is as fresh as any I've seen too. Congrats!

Comment

Nice score!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well look at that!!! don't turn a screw on it and put it up.
        Oil the board with q-tips and call it good.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Holy crap! That seems really clean! Now pardon my ignorance on this subject as I am learning. What model is that exactly and how can you tell?
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

H-S-S, JT-6 & blade pickup selector = Model 3
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
              Holy crap! That seems really clean! Now pardon my ignorance on this subject as I am learning. What model is that exactly and how can you tell?
              sub m4 had dots, 86 m3a had a pickguard, 3a was 2 hum, no pg, m1 single hum was non locking trem, m1a was sss w pickguard m2 was a model 1 w locking trem, same with 2a. thats either an 87-88 m3, or an 86 model 4, BUT no mini switches leads me to think that its a m3. aw fuck it, here im confused now http://charvelusa.com/models.html
              Last edited by jacksonkellyfreak; 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM.
              Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Great information. Thanks guys. I have some studying to do.
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonkellyfreak View Post
                  or an 86 model 4, im confused now http://charvelusa.com/models.html
                  '86 model 4's had Kahlers

It's a Model 3 as VG stated

Comment

Wow, everything looks intact. Now play the shit out of her
                    Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                      '86 model 4's had Kahlers

It's a Model 3 as VG stated
                      true. an oversight by me. which is a bad one cuz i love kahlers
                      Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonkellyfreak View Post
                        sub m4 had dots, 86 m3a had a pickguard, 3a was 2 hum, no pg, m1 single hum was non locking trem, m1a was sss w pickguard m2 was a model 1 w locking trem, same with 2a. thats either an 87-88 m3, or an 86 model 4, BUT no mini switches leads me to think that its a m3. aw fuck it, here im confused now http://charvelusa.com/models.html
                        no such thing as a 2a.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          no such thing as a 2a.

Ok, please point me in a direction to learn all the subtle differences in these freakin models. I have been silently trying to pick up on these for years, but never having owned a Charvel, Jackson only for me, I just never have been able to get a handle on em. I really want to give one a try. All you guys with your model 3 this and your model 5 that, I want in too! From what I see, and from what I like (sharkies and neck through) I want a model 6. Is that right?

And I do apologize for hijacking this thread. It was not my intention. Xbolt, your guitar has just given me such GAS that I need to act on it.

Comment

That's awesome! I've never seen a black rectangular hard case w the Charvel label like that. I've only seen the tweed ones w the metal badge or the chainsaws.
                            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Nice find!!! That's in great condition.

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                              From what I see, and from what I like (sharkies and neck through) I want a model 6. Is that right?
                              Depending on whether or not you like the toothpaste logo, a 750xl will fit the bill too...good luck finding one though!
                              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Working...
                              X