Tell me about the Charvel 550xl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the Charvel 550xl?

What can you say about the 550xl? What do they usually go for?

I see it's a basswood+rosewood+maple neck thru with H-S-S?

thanks.

550XL is H-S, Schaller, volume knob & 3-way blade. I like mine
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
      550XL is H-S, Schaller, volume knob & 3-way blade. I like mine
      What are the woods? Is it really a neck through or more of those set necks like the 750xls?

What do they normally go for? Hard finding any info on this guitar on here.

Comment

I just sold my 550XL for $600. It was minty fresh though. Its neckthru. They are nice, but you need to try them. I prefer the Model series necks............

Comment

I think these are poplar not basswood.

Comment

I have one and it is a great guitar, great tone and a nice neck

Comment

I bought mine for $200 with case at a pawn shop, but I'm a pushy asshole and it was not minty fresh

I think the wings are poplar, not basswood (or else it's heavy basswood).

Look for some of my recent threads about these.

Metallic black seems to be a very common color.

I really like the tone of mine. J90C, J200R (wired in parallel - not sure if that was OEM or someone's mod). Schaller bridge (made before they were branded Jackson and Charvel), locking nut (not the older string lock), still has the top mounted Floyd but with a routed pull-up area, still has the neck angle. Just a good solid axe.

One note - the neck on this and my Model 5 FX are fatter than my Model 6s or Model 4 (or Fusions for that matter). It's no R8 neck, but it's more of a handful than my thinner shredders. I love really thin neck, like an RG550 or my Fusions.

Comment

Working...
              X