Worth $75?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth $75?

Posted on my local Craigslist. I know nothing about Charvettes except they were a Charvel Budget line?
    Ill try to post the pic. Is it worth the money?

Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
    2007 Jackson DK2M
    1983 Kramer Pacer Special
    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
    2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

I'm not up on the Charvettes...apparently some are OK, but most are plywood & crappy. Play it, see if you like it, maybe offer 50 or 60. Also, if you play out, get ready to be LAUGHED OFF THE STAGE!

J/k
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Even if he is joking, it will happen so just spray the headstock black. For a cheap beater guitar I say go for it if it feels good.

Comment

Hey jdr, remember that eBay seller who "modified" his Charvette logo so it kinda looked like Charvel? ROFL!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It sounds familiar but the visual escapes my mind. Dammit I wanna ROTF too ha ha

Comment

I think that's one of the first years that is basswood.

Comment

I have that exact model in black and it is basswood, not ply. The problem with that one is the trem. It is a cheap floyd type thing that falls apart. It cant be replaced with anything without redrilling. If its in good shape, just block it. The necks on those are just as good as the model series necks. That color is cool. Its worth it but not for flipping. Its a decent axe.

Comment

That answered some questions but raised more. I figured if I bought it and didn't really care for it I could flip it and make a few bucks but if they aren't that desirable that idea is out.
                I'm guessing the playing out comment means the Charvette is thought of as a joke? Don't get me wrong, I know how folks can be but I love to challenge preconceptions. If Slash was shredding away on a harmony do you think he would get laughed off stage or harmony sales would spike?
                The trem bothers me. I am now convinced that the Applause Electric I have, which is a Jackson/Charvel knock off, is related. It has the exact same tremelo as this charvette. I don't like it all that much either.
                I guess I'll have to think on it a bit more. I think the money is right but if I get stuck with it I need to like it.
                Last edited by cullenszoo; 04-15-2012, 06:35 AM.

Currently Shredding:
                2007 Jackson DK2M
                2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Oh yeah, and what's with that locking clamp? not a nut cause it's showing a plastic nut. is that the clamp style thing I've seen on strats?

Currently Shredding:
                  2007 Jackson DK2M
                  2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

that behind-the-nut clamp is common on Charvels from the mid-80s
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Its not so much that Charvette is a joke its just that IMHO its LESS THAN what an epi is to gibson or squire to fender,etc.

Its possible that Im just a dick lol, but when I played out I would laugh at the kid playin the bronze bc rich thru his mic'd line 6 30 watt. Even if they did play like slash, I couldnt tell cause they sounded like ass. Dont get me wrong I understand we all cant afford great gear and its about the music it must be the gearhead in me. Im always like what amp is that, what pickups are in there, whats on his pedalboard,etc. In the end if you like it thats all that matters. Fuck what anyone else says, including me ha ha

Comment

So It's a serious step down from my Kelly KE3 and LTD?
                        I personally run from my Digitech RP50 straight into the pa, although I have a Beringer Virtuizer that I'm tinkering with.

Currently Shredding:
                        2007 Jackson DK2M
                        2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Its def not ke3 level. Im no charvel expert though. These guys that own/owned this model would be the ones to say.

Comment

It looks like I'm gonna have to check it out in person first. The thickness of the neck will make or break it for me. Ibanez and LTD got me spoiled on thin necks. My KE3 is thin but the board is wider. (good for my fat fingers)

Currently Shredding:
                            2007 Jackson DK2M
                            2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

The guy that put the strings on there needs to be slapped around a bit. Nothing crazy, maybe just one or two stinging blows to the face. Fuck it, crack him over the head with the guitar too.

Comment

Working...
                              X