CX series: Japanese or Korean ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX series: Japanese or Korean ...?

Hi folks! I'm about to buy a CX 290 (S/S/H) and wondering if it was made by Chushin Gakki... Also, as the body is dinky style, is it possible to change the pickguard...? Thanx

give ser #
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Post some pictures.

Comment

I just went back home with it, gonna make some tea and start to work... It needs cleaning and set up ... The serial number is 377187. It's my first dinky one so I'm very happy ...! I'll post pics as usual when the job is done (maybe tonight). Stay in tune ...

Comment

The CX series were made in Japan.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Many thanx for reply, guys. So here's another beauty queen ... I've had some brainstorming and work to set it up right: the weather is very cold here (-5° Celsius) for few days so it may need some time to stabilize ... Also, it's the first one I have with the truss rod at the heel and I must say I don't like it 'coz you can't see what you're doing while you're working on it. It's a mess to have to remove the neck, too. But, this said, I REALLY love it !!! I've heard the pups were crap and I've been amazed by how they sound good. Another surprise was to see the "olympic" swimming pool route and that a loaded pickguard from an '86 Model 3 fits PERFECTLY !!! It can be a good alternative for a minimum mod in the future... Comparing to a Model Series, the fretboard is quite flat (16' radius ...?) and it makes a little change in the way I play but it's not disturbing. Do I have to say the Strat headstock does it all ...? Very cool, indeed ... Once again, many thanks and lots of gratitude to the workers at Chushin Gakki. Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X