Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference?

Hi all,

I am asking a question on behalf of another infrequent JCF member, AxeChemist. He asked me if I could figure it out, but I can't really tell the difference so you guys might be able to help.

He is trying to sell his Charvel Model series and be as accurate as possible in his description.

What is the difference between:
    • Model 1 and Model 2 body?
    • Model 1 and Model 4M neck?

From what I can tell the neck difference is the 'behind the nut' lock on the 4M. However, since it does go behind the nut you could replace the trus rod cover with the notched one and just add the lock? Am I right? This would basically make the 2 necks identical other than the finished condition?

On the body, is there a difference in the route that is done for the JT6 on the model 2 over the model 1 trem? Or are the 2 interchangeable?

Here is his ebag link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=140690949126

From the setup he believes it is a Model 2 with a 4M neck, since that would be easier to create than a model 1 with a JT6 retrofitted.

He has been challenged by the usual Ebay troll exclaiming he is wrong and thus must be a scammer! But to be honest I can never tell the difference between all these Charvel Model variants either, with all their vaguaries.

Model 1 uses a vintage trem, Model 2 uses a Floyd style trem.
    Looking at the eBay auction, it looks like a legit Model 2 body with either a converted Model 1 neck or most likely a Model 4M neck.
    -Rick

Comment

That's what I figured as well. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X