No announcement yet.

Finished project - Wildcard Pro-MUTT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely Beautiful... Gold sometimes looks kinda off but you nailed it man... awesome job!!!
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
      Thanks, Evol. If I had any gold hardware laying around, I'd give it a whirl, but I don't so I'll probably hold out on that one until I see somebody else do it.
      Keep your eyes peeled, that will be my next project.

BTW, I've kept the Grover tuners, but they do look a little weird. However, my main problem is how grindy/non-smooth they are. I have both this MIJ Pro Mod and also a MIA San Dimas Pro Mod and the Grovers on both are like that. I've had Grovers on other guitars and they're smooth and nothing like these. These are functionally fine, but they feel so cheap.
      Strange, I've never seemed to have a problem with them. Maybe a bad batch? Hard to say since you have it on 2 guitars.

Question: are the pickup routs shallow on your #5? I have zero range of pickup adjustment, which makes it very difficult to balance the humbucker volume with the single coils. I may install a ring and rout the humbucker deeper like Poolman mentioned doing.
      Yes they are shallow on this one too.

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
        Looks great. Curious though, what issue do you have with the FR1000 units? I've got one on a PRS SE that I own, and a real OFR on my Model 4, and I can't tell any difference myself.
        First of all I'm very picky about feel. I've played OFR's for years now in my GMW and other guitars, and nothing compares. I gave this one a shot, I really did, but it feels sloppy to me, and something is off with the sound. And to top things off, I took it apart to inspect it and the cheap screws they use to attach the sustain block to the base plate stripped out. This just shouldn't happen. Never have had that happen on a German OFR.

Keep in mind that I abuse the total crap out of my Floyd's and they must be flawless. Of course we're talking about recessed guitars here, on others it may not be as noticeable?

Comment

Thanks for the education, and I learn something here everyday.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
          X