Charvel Announced new models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Announced new models

NAMM 2012 Charvel will release the charvel star and the charvel soloist....
    More drooling http://www.charvelguitars.com
    http://lostinhatred.tk

Damn, I got my hopes up that Charvel announced a new Model Series when I read this. Oh well..

This is already being discussed in General.

Comment

I had no Idea about the soloist...I had emailed Charvel ove rht esumer asking if there were any plans on doing a model series throw back...

are these chinese made or japan??
      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Chinese made, I believe. Whole Desolation series is, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Just prey that they don't move all production to China. I had just got my self to consider buying a Jap So Cal.

Comment

Doesn't say what the body wood is. Basswood like the X's?? Why bother with making the same exact guitars from both Charvel and Jackson??
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Threads already exist:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/126...ar-and-Soloist

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/126344-Charvel-Desolation-Star
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                Just prey that they don't move all production to China. I had just got my self to consider buying a Jap So Cal.
                I did get this email the other day regarding the wildcard number 8.I think "Charvel one" was a missworded and was meant to be line???

Hello,

These guitars were a limited run for the European market and there are no plans at this time to produce a production model for this guitar as of yet. "The Charvel one will be undergoing major changes over the next year so this may change depending on popularity."

Best regards,

Michael Roberts
                www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

It's very interesting that he said that it was for the Euro market only, because Bionic posted just the other day to say that Wildcard 8 was just released early in Europe, and will be available in the US soon:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/125...=1#post1480536

I have had quite a few experiences where dealers have given me completely wrong info on J/C, so it isn't too surprising.

Comment

ok so lets go and buy a chinese made guitar for what 3,4,5-6-7-8-9 hundred bucks. In about a year youll see them sell on Ebay for 1/2. In a few more years everyone will know its junk with a nice paint job and a coupe of hot pickups. I seriously doubt that any of these profit oriented production line guitars made in china by chinese guys makin like 88cents an hour will ever be regarded as " the guitar I wsh I never sold". I think all the talk about these on this forum is a waste of our time. All we have to do is go on what we already know..They make them in China ..Why? we know the answer..right? dont you?
                    Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                    Chinese made, I believe. Whole Desolation series is, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by g_reaper View Post
                      ok so lets go and buy a chinese made guitar for what 3,4,5-6-7-8-9 hundred bucks. In about a year youll see them sell on Ebay for 1/2. In a few more years everyone will know its junk with a nice paint job and a coupe of hot pickups. I seriously doubt that any of these profit oriented production line guitars made in china by chinese guys makin like 88cents an hour will ever be regarded as " the guitar I wsh I never sold". I think all the talk about these on this forum is a waste of our time. All we have to do is go on what we already know..They make them in China ..Why? we know the answer..right? dont you?
                      Damn, you really have something against the Desolation series don't you? Posting in ever thread about the Star/Soloist.

Comment

dont you agree its alot of hype for low quality China stuff? If "the guitar" and enhancing "the instrument" was the goal like the brand Charvel has always implied it would at least be made in Japan.. let me add Japan is a friend to the USA.. I know its political but that aside No guitars from China Ive ever played add up.. its chinese labor rates and low quality woods..
                        Just my 2 cents

Comment

Well, if I'm buying a guitar for 1/3 the price it would cost me to purchase it made in the USA then I'm going to expect that money was saved somewhere...

If I pick one up off a wall and it plays good, sounds good acoustically and plugged in, and looks good then I'm sold. The desolation series hasn't done anything for me so far, I wasn't a fan of the ones I've tried. But if my dealer gets one of those stop tail stars in trans blue in stock and if it plays well I would likely be forced to impulse buy one.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

so you mean 1/3 of 4grand for a newer custom shop Jackson/Charvel right..thats bout 1,300.. I think you mean under 800$ My point is that for the price point of these you can buy a real guitar.. thats all.. and of course its all subjective or relative to what you consider a real guitar from you own experience. One thing that is known is in China they pay the people less than 50cents an hour to use low cost woods and iffy workmanship to make LOTS of guitars a day. If you take the $500 and you get educated theres fricken lost of real guitars out there to buy. I just saw a post here wher one the members of this forum bought a Authentic mid 80s Jackson Randy Rhoads ( not sure if it was SD or Ontario ) for like 600$. I gurantee that that purchase will double and double and double..NO Comparison IMHO *

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            Well, if I'm buying a guitar for 1/3 the price it would cost me to purchase it made in the USA then I'm going to expect that money was saved somewhere...

If I pick one up off a wall and it plays good, sounds good acoustically and plugged in, and looks good then I'm sold. The desolation series hasn't done anything for me so far, I wasn't a fan of the ones I've tried. But if my dealer gets one of those stop tail stars in trans blue in stock and if it plays well I would likely be forced to impulse buy one.
                            Last edited by g_reaper; 01-12-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

It all boils down to standards and quality control though. If you send the guitars straight off a container to dealers then you are asking for trouble but if you are doing QC before/after they ship then you can make sure they are built to your minimum standards.

See this Schecter video for an example of the right way to do this...

Time will tell if Charvel has the right level of quality control.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X