Any Japanese 24 frets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Japanese 24 frets?

Forgive for being a newbie with Charvels but I was going through some import Charvels and I noticed most(actually all of them) are 22 frets. So is there any 24 fret import charvel which can compare to jackson dk2? There are some fusions but those are out of production and not available in my country.

So you mean only guitars currently being produced? If not, the Model 6 sticks out in my mind.

Comment

Nothing current aside from the new desolation stuff which is not mij.

Comment

Not current but you may be able to score a used Model A series. These are made in Japan, have Dinky body shapes, bolt on necks and 24 frets but not the pointy headstock. The earlier Model 5 and Model 6 (stated above) are both neck through with 24 frets.

Comment

Thanks guys. A new shop opened at our area recently which is the only shop that is selling Charvels at the moment and they only bring the ones in current production. My country is filled with Ibanez and LTDs and I just hate it >.<. I don't have anything against them but they just seem too cliched with the mass production of models and they sponsoring anyone available. Anyway I'll keep a sharp eye out.

Comment

I have a jap 2005 Dk with bolt on and 24 frets, paid 300 brand new (no case) and its been a great guitar. Sorry not sure of correct item model number
            Keep it Rock-Keep it Real!
            www.brentenman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rakib View Post
              My country is filled with Ibanez and LTDs and I just hate it >.<.
              Which country?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Which country?
                Ibaneztan? or perhaps LTDestonia?

Comment

My country is Bangladesh. It's a small country beside India. We have two big music shops here and they have had dealership contract with Ibanez and ESP and recently one shop is bringing in PRS and Schecters. Anything other than those are a bit over priced.

Comment

Charvel fusion is 24 frets as is the 750xl. But they are 24 3/4 in scale vs the 25 1/2 in of said model series.
                    Gil

Comment

Having 24 frets is cool but I don't miss it when playing my new Jap promod.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                        Charvel fusion is 24 frets as is the 750xl. But they are 24 3/4 in scale vs the 25 1/2 in of said model series.
                        Gil
                        the old neckthru imports have 24 frets too. SoP mentioned the Model 6 earlier, but you can include the M5 (and variants) & the 550 & 650 too
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Since you're in Asia, you should keep an eye out for a bunch of models that we don't talk about much on this forum but are more common in your part of the world, like the SDK series. I know there's an SDK-075 and SDK-080 with 24 frets. There are a bunch of pics of those if you google for them. Here are some others from the gallery at the Japanese site jacksonguitar.org:

SDK-105: http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall224.html

SD-150: http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall82.html

CDS-055: http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall134.html

CDS-075: http://www.jacksonguitar.org/gall/gall67.html

There are a bunch of others, too. I know they had variations of the neckthroughs and something similar to the 750XL that was for the Asian market only. I wish there were catalogs online for all the years they made them, but I've only seen up to 1993.

Comment

Yes, as VitaminG mentioned, a good 24-fret Charvel that sometimes pops up on ebay is the 650XL - see my avatar - neck through, nice weight and playability. I own one which was made in 1989 and it is still mint, a testament to the build quality of these 80s Charvels.
                            1989 Charvel 650XL, ADA MP-1, Lexicon MX200, BBE 362NR Sonic Maximizer, Marshall EL-34 50/50, Marshall Mode Four MF400A

Comment

I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. I have this beautiful ash bodied, 24 frets Charvel CDS-070-SSH
                              Last edited by big bad strat; 03-06-2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X