Charvel (by Jackson/Charvel) pups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel (by Jackson/Charvel) pups.

I have what look to be 3; J-200 buckers. Came out of a 90/91 Charvel 275dlx, had a 5 way and a volume knob, no batt box/active circuitry. Were there similar (looking) pickups to the J-200's that were just passive single coil sized buckers?

I can and will post pics if this isn't enough info for ID. Thanks in advance for any reply/info.

They did make other stacked hums besides the J200. No idea what the models are though. There were quite a few pickup models that came out after the electronics catalogs that we have online. Sometimes the catalogs say what the guitars have, but not for the 275, unfortunately.

BTW, the J200 is a passive pickup. They only used it in guitars with active preamps, though. Sounds like ass without it.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      They did make other stacked hums besides the J200. No idea what the models are though. There were quite a few pickup models that came out after the electronics catalogs that we have online. Sometimes the catalogs say what the guitars have, but not for the 275, unfortunately.

BTW, the J200 is a passive pickup. They only used it in guitars with active preamps, though. Sounds like ass without it.
      Thats what I had read. I've just heard that people would pay 80 pucks for J-200's. not sure if they meant just for 1, or for a set of 3. Would be happy to get 60 bucks for all 3 of them. lol even less. I dont need them. They're just going to force me to mod them to load into some pic guard. (Cant have spare parts laying around.) :p

I think I just needed a fuller bodied Pickup for the Floyd than whatever these were. I wonder what they would sound like through said preamp, or a home made one.

Comment

The only place I've heard of J200s going for that kind of money are in AlienXnation's fake eBay auctions where he "buys" from himself.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
          The only place I've heard of J200s going for that kind of money are in AlienXnation's fake eBay auctions where he "buys" from himself.

I was gonna say. I would be happy getting $60 for 3 of em if I was trying to sell them here. haha. But Local CL is less of a hassle.

Comment

This is my exact layout I had on this guitar. (this one isn't MINE of course) Any more info from anyone would be helpful.

Here are the Pups.

All the lit on the interwebnetz tell me this is like a 90 or a 91 275dlx... later model and of course its the one that has no lit about its electronics. I've found older catalogs that say it has a powerful ceramic j90 humbucker and 1 j100 single coil(but this is not that J90 or j100s) but does have a 5-way and a single vol. (this was the lay 80's model)

MINE had 3 single coil sized pups w/ 2 stacked a 5way and a single volume (i cant remember if they were bridged together in or out of phase cause I didnt understand that when I ripped them out and cant remember how it was wired) and like the picture shows, and a Schaller floyd 2 witch a charvel stamp on it. post 90' neck plate, that starts in 36 (not 35) so its closer to a 91.

I mean maybe these pickups never had a name or designation in the company. They sure look like the J-200's in the 475 special, 650xl, and Spectrum but has a wiring scheme like a Predator or a 275. Also has a 3/475, Predator, and 650xl style body. So I'm just super confused. I hate transition Models and unfortunately I own a gretsch which is also a transition model. WTF.
            Last edited by Lizardkinged; 11-04-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizardkinged View Post
              or a home made one.
              Go to radio shack and pick up an LM386. It takes next to no extra parts to use it as an onboard amp, and 1 9v battery. Pick up a socket so that you can do all the soldering to that, then plug the chip in.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Go to radio shack and pick up an LM386. It takes next to no extra parts to use it as an onboard amp, and 1 9v battery. Pick up a socket so that you can do all the soldering to that, then plug the chip in.
                Hey thanks, totally wasn't what I'm looking for but good to know also. Not too worried about ever using these again. I just want to know WTF they are before I decide to load them up, toss them, or sell them.

Comment

Looks like the pickups i bought on ebay to put in my carvin. They read between low 7 to high 7ohms on multimeter. I do know they are taller than the h60s or emg single coils it used to have. I was surprised but actually dig them in the carvin.
                  Epiphone Elitist les paul with Kahler trem and Duncan P-rails

Jackson DK2

Line 6 flextone III

Comment

Working...
                  X