So~Cal Project Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So~Cal Project Completed

Maybe I should have posted this one a while ago, but I finally got all of the pieces together, so now my project Charvel So~Cal is complete.

In addition to the basic socal, I added a new H/S/S pickguard from Warmoth. I had to do a little routing on the PG near the neck pocket to get it to fit, but other than that it was a direct fit. I usually use Duncan's, but this guitar is loaded with Dimarzio pups. In the bridge I have a Tone Zone, which can be coil tapped via a push pull on the volume knob, the middle has an Area 67' and I have a Paul Gilbert Injector in the neck. I'm really liking the Injector. It has the balls of a humbucker and the clarity and harmonics of a single coil. I'd recommend it to anyone who anyone who wants a SC type sound that really cuts through, but deals well with tons of overdrive. It sounds great for sweeps. I'm also liking the 2 and 4 positions.

Besides the custom pickguard and pickups, I also have Richie Sambora stlye star inlays on the fingerboard and 3 white stripes on the guitar's body. I was going for a bit of a retro vibe with the stripes.

Lastly, I have a chrome, gotoh floyd rose as well as chrome locking clamps on the nut.

Overall, this guitar is becoming my go-to axe as I can achieve a number of different tones on it.

Pics-

All of your guitars look good. I've been considring a So Cal project and like how they come with an HSH route. What was the part number for the pg you got from Warmoth?

Comment

Nice job... thanks for the pics and info...

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
        All of your guitars look good. I've been considring a So Cal project and like how they come with an HSH route. What was the part number for the pg you got from Warmoth?
        I don't think it has a part number. I got a custom built black/red/black PG from their PG builder.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
          I don't think it has a part number. I got a custom built black/red/black PG from their PG builder.
          They must have the specs. Thanks!

Comment

Awesome!!!! Just a quick question, is the neck an aftermarket neck or the original and if so how did you do the inlays?
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
              Awesome!!!! Just a quick question, is the neck an aftermarket neck or the original and if so how did you do the inlays?
              Maybe I cheated on that part a bit. It's a standard pro mod neck with star decals. I them got from this guy-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samboras-Sta...ht_3169wt_1165

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                Maybe I cheated on that part a bit. It's a standard pro mod neck with star decals. I them got from this guy-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samboras-Sta...ht_3169wt_1165
                Hey man, all I know is that it looks great on that neck!! And thanks for the link, I might just order a set for myself.
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                X