Avenger V info wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avenger V info wanted

I recently purchased a Charvel Avenger from Craigslist. I am amazed at how great the play of this guitar is! Even after changing the strings, it has stayed in tune!

I know they were produced 2 years and I'd appreciate any info that can be given. The serial number is: 361862

Im no expert, but it seems this one has had the bridge pickup route modified for a regular humbucker, as opposed to the stacked single coils. Ive been curious about this model too.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Yeah, pull the pickup ring and see if its been modded to fit the regular pickup. Also, these came with the string through single locking trem. Has it been replaced too? These are actually good mods. I think this was a sort of budget minded guitar, not very high up in the food chain.

Comment

Basswood body, maple neck, rosewood board, JT-570 single locking trem (which is essentially a JT-590 without locking saddles)
        the bridge pickup configuration is similar to the early '90's warriors, however i dont know what they were or how the switching system worked. So it seems these have been swapped out for a full size humbucker, there may be some routing done to accomodate this if you check under the bridge pickup

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/in...n%2FPage12.jpg

Enjoy!

Comment

We are currently modifying an Avenger.
          They were made from 89-91.
          The later models came with a true locking bridge, not a string through deal.
          I am fairly certain mine is a 1991 model because it came with a locking bridge.
          The bridge says Charvel and Lic. under FR on it, I am unsure of the model #.
          The guitar serial # is: 375440.
          We are documenting the whole process of the Avenger modification with a blog.
          Our blog is here on JCF online, it is called Avenging an Avenger check it out:
          http://www.jcfonline.com/blogs/30615...ing-an-Avenger
          They shoot without shame, in the name of a piece of dirt.
          For a change of accent, or the color of your shirt.

Comment

Interesting. It looks like the rout for the normal humbucker is factory. Nice mask, btw.

Comment

Why does it seem some people have problems with the string-through bridges? I like them a lot better than having to cut the strings, I just can't understand see how it doesn't compromise the integrity of the string. I've recently started using the ball ends at the tuners, but I never have liked how the bridge has to squeeze a cut string. The majority of my guitars have the double locking tremolos, but I still like the string-through bridges better for some reason.

Comment

The issue with the string through Floyd copies is the fact that the string may slide around in the tube with trem use, unlikely, but I think thats the theory anyhow. That and theyre usually much more cheaply made it seems.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

How do these compare quality wise to the Jackson EX Pros? It's looks like Ex Pro= Alder and JT 580 and Avengers= Basswood and JT 570.

Comment

Working...
                  X