Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered my SoCal Pro-Mod

Hi, I'm Danny. What a cool forum!
    I've just ordered a Charvel SoCal Pro-Mod in snow white. Can anyone here tell me if they're as good as my Long gone Mod 4 Charvel or Pointy headstock rising sun Charvel. I've read good things about them but I'd like some user feedback. I'll post pics as soon as I get it next week.

Thanks!
    Danny

You're not going to be disappointed! I've been absolutely in love with mine since day one.

Comment

As good? Sure, but different guitars. Necks feel completely different IMO.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

dan you will love the pro mod, i own the same one you ordered(snow white) and it is amazing. the fret work and neck shape/feel to me are much better than the old Model series. the frets are polished and crowned like a guitar that cost's well over $2K!
        The dimarzio tone zone and evo neck pu's sound amazing and have great punch. you are in for a treat bro! have fun!
        here is mine,

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
          the frets are polished and crowned like a guitar that cost's well over $2K!
          I always saw people say this, thought "yeah, right..." and never believed it until I actually played one. I couldn't have been more wrong. They're perfect.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys! Your responses make me feel better about my purchase.
            Charvel Strat 81- yep thats the one!

After spending good money on Ibanez guitars over the past few years (2 1550 prestige's) and finding them sorely lacking I was beginning to think that Japan made guitars were going down hill. I had to have fret work done on both prestige's and was so disgusted after spending over $1k for both, not including the fret work, that I sold them and vowed never to buy another Ibanez or MIJ guitar again. I actually thought that the Pro Mods were still made in the states and only found out that they were MIJ after I made the purchase. I feel a lot better now reading all of your replies.

A BIG THANKS to you guys for responding and putting my mind at ease!
            Danny

Comment

One more question if you guys don't mind. Do the necks have some meat to them and are they still wide (The fret boards) like the earlier 80's Charvel's? I'm really hoping they are.

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by Danny65 View Post
                One more question if you guys don't mind. Do the necks have some meat to them and are they still wide (The fret boards) like the earlier 80's Charvel's? I'm really hoping they are.

Danny
                they are not ibanez wizard thin. they are on the thin side but have some girth to em and fit the left hand like a glove.

Comment

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and I know this is an older thread, but I too just ordered the same guitar, Snow White So Cal Pro Mod with hard case from a custom guitar shop here in NJ. Apparently the series has been discontinued and I was able to get the last one they had in stock! I wonder why Charvel would stop production because I've heard nothing but great things about these guitars since they were released in 2010. In fact I had my hands on a black one for a bit back when they first came out. Anyway, just wanted to share the love for these and will do a NGD thread with pics when she arrives. Danny65, I hope you've had an enjoyable (almost) full year with yours!
                  2013 Charvel San Dimas MIM

Comment

The factory where they were built closed down.

Comment

I'm bulding a white one from scratch. It's a little more pricey than some ebay deals. I've seen recent sales go for $600 shipped with case.

Comment

The factory where they were built closed down

Oh ok, thanks
                        2013 Charvel San Dimas MIM

Comment

Working...
                        X