Experts please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experts please help!

Since i don't know much about Charvel guitar,can anyone help me identify this?

I'm no expert but I'm going to go ahead and say that neck did not leave the factory on that body!

Further edit..apparently every day is a school day.. ..that is a Japanese market only Charvel

you can find out more about it here

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/288...Charvel-Rhoads
    Last edited by Gartron; 04-27-2011, 05:40 AM.

Comment

I concur.
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

This guitar came up a while back in a thread about a Charvel XTRR in Malaysia. Lots of cool Japan-market stuff shows up there.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/114...-of-its-origin

Comment

[QUOTE=dg;1427823]This guitar came up a while back in a thread about a Charvel XTRR in Malaysia. Lots of cool Japan-market stuff shows up there.

Thanks a lot dude..I'm just curious about the specs.Any information?I cannot find any details about it..
          The online seller only said it has Gotoh pickup.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gartron;1427807]I'm no expert but I'm going to go ahead and say that neck did not leave the factory on that body!

Haha what makes u think like that?

Comment

like I said I'm no expert!!

Comment

Originally posted by bondofhatred View Post
                Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                I'm no expert but I'm going to go ahead and say that neck did not leave the factory on that body!
                Haha what makes u think like that?

That's a real easy conclusion to come to, because the guitar-shaped import logo only appeared on strat, Soloist-type, and a couple of Dinky-shaped guitars here in the U.S., and only from '86 to '88. They kept using it well into the '90s in the Japan market on all sorts of shapes, and we keep getting surprised by new things that pop up because there's a huge gap in the Japanese catalog scans available online, so for many of us the first thought is that this guitar could be a parts guitar made with a Model 4 neck.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                  .. so for many of us the first thought is that this guitar could be a parts guitar made with a Model 4 neck.
                  Not if your eye catches the missing locking nut
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                    That's a real easy conclusion to come to, because the guitar-shaped import logo only appeared on strat, Soloist-type, and a couple of Dinky-shaped guitars here in the U.S., and only from '86 to '88. They kept using it well into the '90s in the Japan market on all sorts of shapes, and we keep getting surprised by new things that pop up because there's a huge gap in the Japanese catalog scans available online,

Well said.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                      like I said I'm no expert!!
                      And Like I said, I concur.
                      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
                        And Like I said, I concur.
                        Lolz!

Comment

Working...
                        X