Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Charvel 750xl - See thru blue/purple.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Charvel 750xl - See thru blue/purple.

In 1989, I bought a brand new Charvel 750xl from a music store in Ft. Lauderdale, FL called Music Arts Enterprises on Davie Blvd. I had the guitar for 5 years until it was stolen from me. It has pained me every single day since. I am still wondering what ever happened with that guitar. I think that it has probably been a long enough time since then, that the person who stole it, no longer has it. I have been searching the internet's 750xl pictures for years trying to catch a glimpse of it. I have seen the audiozone guys website and I did not see it listed there either.

The thing about this Charvel is; I went and altered the tremolo set-up on it about a year before it was stolen. I know some of you die-hard 750xl guys and you collectors are going to "slap" me for doing this, but I put a Kahler cam/roller tremolo unit on it in place of the Floyd. I didn't know that the guitar was so "rare" back then. I didn't know they only made them 1 production year. I just liked Kahlers better, and I liked that set-up on that guitar better.

I think the chances of a 1989 Charvel 750xl in see thru blue/purple with a Kahler (and black mounting plate) existing along side the one I owned is nearly impossible. My whole reason for the thread is to see if anyone out there in Jackson/Charvel land has ever seen this guitar around, or knows someone who owns it, or owns it, or even stole it.... would like to send me a picture of my old friend. I was 16 years old when I bought this guitar, and it sure meant a lot to me. I have been buying (I now own 12 guitars) and playing (trying out) other guitars since 1994, trying to find its equal, to no avail. I just recently purchased a Jackson SLAT3-6 in hopes that it plays somewhat "close" the the 750xl. It will be here sometime this week.

I appreciate any effort, or help to finally locate my first love, and just to know that she is alright. That would be enough for me. I believe it was stolen in either Nashville, TN or Augusta, GA. That is all I really have to go on. Please let me know what, if anything.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by Torqued View Post
    I have seen the audiozone guys website and I did not see it listed there either.
    *guy . I'm still looking for this one, but nothing yet. Trans purple are very few. Only 4 trem versions in that color are registered on the 750 list.

Let's say someone had your 750 and reverted it back to having a Floyd. What exactly would be left visible on the body in terms of holes, etc.?

The absolute only altered purple 750 I have on the list, is one with a Hamer logo'd Floyd. It's not yours I'm sure, but it's the only one that deviates from a normal config (C903675):

Last edited by jackson1; 02-15-2011, 04:20 AM.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I think if they were to revert it back to a floyd, some of the body would be routed out under the fine tuners toward the stap button under the tremolo. I think? There would be mounting screw holes also. Unless it was "touched up".

There is no way that they will be able to completely undo what has been done, unless they strip the finish, glue in some new wood, and refinish the guitar. If that were to be done, all hope is lost, it will be a new guitar (new finish color too, unless they skilled enough to match it)

When I said Autozone "guys" website, I meant "guy's", Like in one guy owning it.

Thanks man!!! I appreciate that you are keeping an eye out for it. It is a shame, I really loved that guitar!!! Let me know if you see one with altered body by the trem too. Oh, and if you know of one for sale!!!
      Last edited by Torqued; 02-17-2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

I'm sure it gone bro. If the a$$hole that stole had a brain, it would be totally redone as mentioned prior.

Comment

That would be a rare one for sure and easy to spot. Purple is a very rare color, and I'm trying not to cry thinking of what you did to it

I'm sure if I see it I will cry

I'm always scanning Nashville's (I work here every other week) craigslist so if it pops up I'm sure I'll let you know.

Comment

It was stolen in 1994 or 1995, so anything goes really of what could have came of it.

I think that I have replaced it today though. The Japanese are at it again, and I bought one. It is the Jackson SLAT3, and I bought a 6 string model, and it came today. I have had 20 mins with it, and it really does remind me of my 750xl! Little skinnier, Alder not Mahogany, and recessed Floyd w/EMG's, but until they do a 750xl reissue, or I go Custom shop, this SLAT3 will work for me!!! Mine was used (saved $450 off new price), but I cannot tell. This guitar looks brand new to me. It is not a 750xl, but in other thoughts it has the differences that I could have done without in the Charvel 750xl (like the weight, non recessed trem, EMG active pups, slim, etc)

Me definitely likey.

On another note, if I find a Charvel 750xl for sale in my style, I might just splurge for another one of those too!

Comment

Pics of the SLAT3 or it didn't happen
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by Torqued View Post
                this SLAT3 will work for me!!!
                Not for me. I'd save up and try to get a 750XL in purple again. Such a cool guitar.

Comment

Oh, but it did happen

Last edited by Torqued; 02-18-2011, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                    *guy . I'm still looking for this one, but nothing yet. Trans purple are very few. Only 4 trem versions in that color are registered on the 750 list.

Let's say someone had your 750 and reverted it back to having a Floyd. What exactly would be left visible on the body in terms of holes, etc.?

The absolute only altered purple 750 I have on the list, is one with a Hamer logo'd Floyd. It's not yours I'm sure, but it's the only one that deviates from a normal config (C903675):

hey,this purple was mine.i was the person(also same nickname)that uploaded th data and pics in the audiozone site.i ve sold it along with my few others because of my job relocation.i still keep in touch with the buyer and told him if he wants to sell it ,put my name on the 1st list,
                    during my research on the ownership of this transpurple,it was a player/owned by a local rock guitarist who was big in 90s and turned into sessionist in late 90s.
                    and nope,it didnt have any routing job done for that hamer floyd.i hope i made it clear.
                    Last edited by masxwave; 05-30-2011, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I've never even seen one of the purple ones in person. I don't even recall seeing one on eBay. Quite rare. Good luck getting your old one back. It's probably sitting under some unsuspecting owner's bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X