Question about setting up a JT-6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about setting up a JT-6?

Is it ok if the back end of the bridge is slightly higher than the pole end? Or does it need to be flush?
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

The base plate should be parallel with the body on a full floating setup, same as an OFR

Comment

Someone will usually mention this when this question comes up here, so I might as well...

On a non-recessed floyd where there is a neck angle, some of us set our floyd slightly tilted forward so it parallels the fretboard rather than the body. I wouldn't argue that one way is necessarily more "right" than the other, because it's such a slight angle, but that's how I've always done it. On a recessed floyd with no neck angle, you definitely want it parallel to the body.

Comment

The model 6 has a neck angle though right? so i want the JT-6 to be slightly angled?
        USA Jackson RR1
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Performer-2
        Orange Dark Terror
        EVH 5150 LBX
        Hello Senòr

Comment

There's no real hard and fast rule, I don't have my JT580LP angled on my M6. But yes, the neck is angled and if you want the bridge to match, angle it.
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

You just don't want the bridge to rest forward of parallel with the neck, that's really the main thing. It can tilt back slightly, or be parallel with the neck. Obviously if it tilts back you lose a small amount of pull-up range.

Comment

Ah k well my M6 is staying in tune after crazy whammy's n is slightly angled forward so does that mean i'm all good if it stays in tune?
              USA Jackson RR1
              Charvel Model 6
              Jackson Performer-2
              Orange Dark Terror
              EVH 5150 LBX
              Hello Senòr

Comment

Feels good + plays good + stays in tune = play the holy hell out of it!!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  You just don't want the bridge to rest forward of parallel with the neck, that's really the main thing. It can tilt back slightly, or be parallel with the neck.
                  But just for the hell of it Jazz, why?

Comment

If it works for you, go for it. I don't see any issues, and you can pull up more.

Comment

The main thing is that you want the guitar to be able to be intonated correctly, plus the natural zero point for the knife edges & posts is when the baseplate is parallel, so having a drastic tilt probably isn't a great idea. Some guys used to set up with quite a bit of forward tilt to get more pullup range out of their non-recessed trems.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                        But just for the hell of it Jazz, why?
                        You want to get some break angle across the saddles. They come out of the "blocks" just a little lower than the saddle, and notice when you tilt the trem forward they come out of their little grooves...

Comment

Aha. Good point..

Comment

Working...
                          X