Cool or crud? Dude! Or dud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool or crud? Dude! Or dud?

Thinking about having a firebird body built to match my Model 3A neck that I had painted. What do guys think about this?

-------------------------
    Blank yo!

Any Firebird on any Charvel or Jackson neck is ubber cool! Go for it!

Comment

If you like it, do it. What the hey!

Comment

pffft. What are you thinking?!

I say go for it. Sully would totally rock that
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't always like Firebirds, but when everything's just right I do. I couldn't begin to tell you exactly what that means, but I know it when I see it, and I'm digging that all black.

Comment

Pretty slick looking I say go for it.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

"...It's like, how much more black could this be?"
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Can everyone see the headstock in the pic or is it chopped off?

I also realized I did it with an ebony board in stead of rosewood - so it won't all black.
                Blank yo!

Comment

You could always ebonize the 3A fretboard.

I've never really gotten into Firebirds but for the first time Monday I picked up a Gibson they had at GC for $1K. It didn't seem too bad. I'm not sure about a bolt on vs. neck thru, you might loose a lot of sustain

Comment

Definitely a "Dude!" for me. Go for it! Make sure you post pics.
                    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Can everyone see the headstock in the pic or is it chopped off?

I also realized I did it with an ebony board in stead of rosewood - so it won't all black.
                      I can see it. I say do it. It's a 'DUDE! Sweet axe!' +1 for DonPs idea to ebonize the fretboard.
                      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Well - the ebonize thing - I was thinking about it, but I've got clear on the sides of the fretboard, so, that's a no go.

In a few days I'll post up some pics on how the Model 3A looks now. Basically - I've got it completely Darth Vader'd out - black on black, black covered pickups, flat black knobs - it really looks completely cool - and the rosewood fretboard doesn't really take away from that vibe - so I'm thinking it will still look cool if I Firebird it.

Right now I've got Sully in the loop - he'll be my go to guy if I green light it.
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Awesome...looking forward to this! I say, why leave "well enough" alone? Make it yours!

Comment

I like it. Id personally like a rev headstock, but thats just me. Do it!

Comment

Dud. I don't like Firebirds.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X