model 2 neck switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 2 neck switch

Is it possible to put a 24 fret DK2 neck on a model 2?

probably not without modification. They are both 25 1/2" scale guitars, but the longer neck of the DK2 will need to sit further into the body of the Model 2
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Actually it's the opposite, the nut will be too far from the bridge. They move the bridge toward the neck pocket on those, and the heel of the neck is at the 24th fret rather than the 22nd.

So, no it won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        Actually it's the opposite, the nut will be too far from the bridge.
        that's right. So the neck will need to sit further into the body of the Model 2. Or you can fill the bridge cavity & relocate the bridge.

Either way, some routing will be required.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool thanks, man you guys really know your shit! Also that explains why I love guitars with 22 fret necks & dislike 24's, It's a completely different feel. I've seen a lot of people argue over this subject & I was under the impression from those discussions that a 24 fret neck was the same as a 22 but with the added fretboard extention for the 2 extra frets. Clearly from what you guys are saying this is not the case, I wonder why so many people disagree on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultramagnus View Post
            Cool thanks, man you guys really know your shit! Also that explains why I love guitars with 22 fret necks & dislike 24's, It's a completely different feel. I've seen a lot of people argue over this subject & I was under the impression from those discussions that a 24 fret neck was the same as a 22 but with the added fretboard extention for the 2 extra frets. Clearly from what you guys are saying this is not the case, I wonder why so many people disagree on this subject.
            Warmoth makes a 24 fret neck that is in fact a 22 fret neck with a 2 fret extension just like you described. They made them so Strat owners can get a 24 fret neck without making expensive body mods.
            As far as I know, they are the only ones who do it.
            A true 24 fret neck is in fact longer than a 22 fret neck.
            -Rick

Comment

sell me your model 2 and get a warmoth
              no sig.....

Comment

Working...
              X