J50BC Anygood in other guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J50BC Anygood in other guitars?

Im thinking of changing the humbucker in my Jackson Performer-2 with my left over J50BC from my model 6, but how does it sound without the J1200?

I liked the tone of it when it was in my Charvel it didn't sound empty, but would that just be the tonal qualities of the Model 6?
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

The only way to know is to put it in there and try it out. The J50BC sounds pretty good without the midboost, but it's not very high-output. Basically a PAF with a bit more high end. It'll just depend on what you run it through and what sound you're after.

Comment

I waited and waited for a J80C to come up for sale, so I put a J50BC into this:

The J50BC sounded so fricken great, it's staying.

How does it sound? Well, you know everyone is on a quest to get a EVH tone, and this is now my holy grail. I use my DSL100, red channel dimed, and it sounds fantastic.

I know, EVH used an A2 magnet, like a Custom Custom or a 78, but I've also heard he used an A8 magnet from an Ibanez Super 70? pickup, which is very powerful like the ceramic in the J50BC.

Comment

cringe if you like, but the J50BC makes a great neck pickup too

and it pairs really well with a J90C in the bridge, both in maple and mahogany guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_B View Post

and it pairs really well with a J90C in the bridge, both in maple and mahogany guitars
          I could see that. It's no different than Gibson's velvet brick in the 70s and the 496R used in the neck with a 500T bridge.

Comment

+1
            Thats exactly what I have in my Limited91 ! The "neck"-tone is fantastic !
            uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

I have an early 90's Jackson professional fusion H-H(mahogany body) and use a J-50 neck and J-90C in the bridge and it is one of my best sounding guitars
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

looks like I'll have to do better than that to make you guys cringe!

what if I admit to having the J90c J50bc combo in a 10 string BC Rich Bich?

Comment

Working...
                X